Votes

Option to completely disable WPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-22 17:57:29 - last edited 2023-08-23 01:07:55

It would be amazing if you can have the option to completely disable/shut off WPS for the x60 Deco!

WPS has many security issues and is an old standard... for such a new device, I'm surprised this setting isn't available...

aviparshan.com
Options
4 Reply
Re:Option to completely disable WPS
2023-08-23 09:37:50

@Amcan 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

There is no physical WPS button on the Deco and only a software enabling button on the Deco APP. So It has remained de-activated unless we manually enable it. 

Supposing there is an option to completely disable/shut off WPS, it would still have two options: on/off unless we decided to remove the WPS feature forever. It might not be secure enough but it is still necessary for some of the old backward devices.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-23 17:23:05

@David-TP 

I was able to hack into my own network via WPS via Reave, without pressing the button...

Most routers have a setting or a checkbox for "Enable WPS"... Even routers that came out 4+ years ago

aviparshan.com
Options
2023-08-24 03:05:46

@Amcan 

Thank you very much for the update. I will report to the engineers again and inform them of the potential risk. If there is any further news about it, I will update here as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Options
RE:Option to completely disable WPS
2023-09-06 02:45:46
A legit known vulnerability for years. Interesting Deco doesn't provide this option already
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1132

Replies: 4

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters