VR600V2 Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR600V2 Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR600V2 Firmware
VR600V2 Firmware
2023-08-23 10:35:02
Tags: #Firmware Update #LAN Latency
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 200226 RC.65147n

Hi

Can I ask how many beta firmware versions are available for the VR600V2 and whether the latest one is cumulative? Where I can get it from?

I have noticed that when enabling certain features, the router acts abnormally from network performance issues to locking myself out of the web interface.

I have observed the following:

- When changing parental controls settings, I am unable to access anymore the router web interface from the computer where the parental controls are applied to.

- When changing Wifi Transmit Power, it seem there is latency added on LAN as when pinging the router from any wired computer where a steady 0.8ms is normally shown, ping starts to show Jitter jumping over to even 15-26ms which on a wired computer to router test this never happens and in this scenario not until I made the changes I made.

Thanks for your help

O

Options
2 Reply
Re:VR600V2 Firmware
2023-08-24 08:25:12

@oribo 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. Actually it is normal that the devices under parental control cannot access the router web interface, usually the parental control is to limit kids' devices, thus this limitation will prevent kids from logging in the router to disable/modify the parental control on their own.

2. In theory, changing WiFi transmit power will not affect the LAN, may I know if the issue happens no matter you change the transmit power to high, middle or low?

We will rum similar tests on our end to see if the issue can be reproduced on our end.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:VR600V2 Firmware
2023-08-24 17:27:32

@Sunshine 

Hi, thanks for the response

Ok thanks but on the help is a bit misleading then as description of Parental Controls is "With Parental Controls, you can block inappropriate, explicit and malicious websites; restrict access by certain times of day (for example, Facebook or YouTube during homework time)." Now the Router web interface should not be categorized as such and if as you say you would want to use this feature to restrict access to Kids it would make more sense to just change the router password but if this is intentional I am happy it is not a bug.

For the second issue with pinging the router from any wired computers, this only affects when changing radio transmit power otherwise will not happen.

Thanks

O

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 2

Tags

Firmware Update
LAN Latency
Related Articles