extending Wifi reception in my house with ethernet cables deployed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-24 23:47:17 - last edited 2023-09-03 07:44:14
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey,

I have 1G fiber adapter connected to Ax1500 router connected to WAN in dhcp mode.

I have a big house and i want to extend the existing Wifi. currently i have a few routers from different vendors connected as AP but when i walk across the house i need to manually change the wifi, I understand i'm missing seamless routing.

Whats the best way to extend my network using my ethernet cables? i want to get rid of my AP, is the RE505 good or it can't use the ethernet cable AKA ethernet blackhaul?

do i need to buy the DECO category?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:extending Wifi reception in my house with ethernet cables deployed
2023-08-25 08:39:09

@Rafi1082 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Please note that the Archer AX1500 supports EasyMesh and OneMesh but doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul yet, and the RE505X only support OneMesh which doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul either, that is to say, they could only build a mesh network via OneMesh wireless backhaul. If you would like to use Ethernet Backhaul, you will need to buy main router and satellite device that both support Ethernet Backhual, refer to this thread for the models: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

Except for the EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul solutions, another possible solution is the Deco category you mentioned, and Deco mesh support Ethernet Backhaul.

Options
Re:extending Wifi reception in my house with ethernet cables deployed
2023-08-25 14:01:46 - last edited 2023-08-25 14:53:58

@Rafi1082 

What I've done done in my house as its a large house and has multiple floors and as good as my ax72 Is it just couldn't reach the very end of my end of the house from where my router is and couldn't listen to my daughter whinge and moan amymore about how bad the WiFi was in her room. 

I've hard wired my house as I believe that if a device can be hard wired then its going to be hard wired, 

I've got my ax72 running 2 ethernet upto top floor to 2 individual 24port tp link switches amd then they all branch out to individual rooms around the house and ive got a archer c6 on my top floor in AP mode, 

And ive also added another c6 down in my man cave also hardwired in AP mode, 

Needless to say ive got total coverage in my house and beyond, 

Setting up the archer c6 was easy as you can skip most of the setup and you set the WiFi name and password the same as the main router, select the smart connect on or off the same as the main router and obv the same settings as the guest network, save the changes and I think the router will reboot into AP mode, 

You can log into it via the tether app as well as the Web browser page, 

You get a few more options on the Web page then you do the tether app but you can still see on both the tether app and Web page what devices are connected to the Ap but as well the devices will show on the main router as well. 

Ultimately you should be able to walk from where your main router is to where your AP is and you device should switch over to the AP and then vise Versa 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 2

Related Articles