Wireless/Wired backhaul dropping to solid yellow light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-27 02:38:44 - last edited 2023-08-27 04:04:51
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20230613

When I add the second Deco to my network (wireless backhaul) it connects and shows up in the app. After a few seconds it drops off and the light goes from green to solid yellow. Sometimes it will return to green, sometimes it will go to blinking red. But either way after a while it goes back to solid yellow. 

My setup is 15 feet apart to testr them so the distance is not the issue. 

If the light is green and I plug in the ethernet cable to enable the wired backhaul, it goes to solid yellow also. 

Can someone provide some feedback on what i should check and what settings in the app I might change for it to work? Below is how it is setup.

ISP Router ====Wired=======> Deco1 Port3 <--------wireless------------> Deco2

EDIT:

When I pull the log I am seeing this error

Sat Aug 26 23:58:18 2023 user.warn smartip: [lan] Maybe ethernet inferface eth2 is not valid!
Sat Aug 26 23:58:19 2023 user.warn smartip: [lan] IOCTL error:No such device

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wireless/Wired backhaul dropping to solid yellow light
2023-08-27 15:49:27

@chanders 

Check if what discussed in this forum topic (scroll to last reply) is applicable to your case: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/620342

Options
2023-08-28 11:53:47

@chanders 

Hi, I also saw a similar post here and it is also Deco XE75.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/620482

just in case there is anything wrong with the hardware/firmware or power adapter, please do give us an update on whether swapping another power adapter made any difference.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-08-28 15:56:31

@David-TP 

Thanks for the suggestion. I swapped the power supply to one that I am sure is working and same issue. I also tried resetting via the pinhole but it does revert to the same issue.

Options
2023-08-29 02:19:17

@chanders 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

How about performing a firmware recovery on the Deco XE75 to see whether it made any difference?

How to use firmware recovery

If it reverts to solid yellow again, I am afraid you might need to contact the shop retailer to ask for warranty service.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-01 01:33:09

@David-TP 

I reverted to an older firmware and same issue.  So it looks like it goes in the trash as it took so long to sort this out, its no longer under warranty.

Options