Deco XE75 stuck restarting (yellow light to red light to yellow light)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-27 23:18:20 - last edited 2023-08-29 02:14:00
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown

I am not sure which hardware version or firmware version I am using.

Today, the main router stopped working (I am on a 2 pack system).

I have restarted the cable modem and main router (the one connected to the cable modem).

The main router's light stays yellow a while then changes to red then back to yellow.

I have tried resetting the main router for 1 sec (and longer) when the main router is unplugged from power and when plugged from power to try to rollback the firmware version. However, I am getting the same yellow light/red light/yellow light pattern.

Please help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco XE75 stuck restarting (yellow light to red light to yellow light)-Solution
2023-08-28 13:59:30 - last edited 2023-08-29 02:14:00
Hello, I followed your instructions to reset my main router and that worked! Of course, I had to re-add the devices to my network using the TP-Link app and all is working fine now. I did not check the other power adapter since the reset worked. Thank you so much for your help!
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 stuck restarting (yellow light to red light to yellow light)
2023-08-28 01:57:37

@TJ64 

Hi, Have you tried to power it off for about 10-15mins, then hold the reset pinhole for 1s and wait for a little longer, maybe 2-3mins? After that, would it turn to flashing blue?

If still nothing changed, I am afraid that you might need to contact technical support for warranty service:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Warranty-Support

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-08-28 02:06:54
Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, do I press the pinhole reset while the router is powered on or while it is powered off? If powered on, do I press the reset immediately after powering on or do I wait a while? Thanks!
Options
2023-08-28 11:48:56 - last edited 2023-08-28 11:51:20

@TJ64 

Hi, for factory reset, we just need to hold the reset pinhole for 1s when it is powered on. It would be better to wait a while to make sure it fully started.

By the way, I saw a similar post here and have you tried to swap the power adapter between two Deco XE75 to see whether a new adapter made any difference?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/620390

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco XE75 stuck restarting (yellow light to red light to yellow light)-Solution
2023-08-28 13:59:30 - last edited 2023-08-29 02:14:00
Hello, I followed your instructions to reset my main router and that worked! Of course, I had to re-add the devices to my network using the TP-Link app and all is working fine now. I did not check the other power adapter since the reset worked. Thank you so much for your help!
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 562

Replies: 4

Related Articles