XE55 Pro - 2.5G Backhaul - US Version Work in Europe?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-31 07:32:30
Model: Deco X55 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am in Germany and I have been waiting for a DECO that supports 2.5G backhaul. The BE65 is not yet available in Germany and the BE85 is extremely expensive. The XE55 Pro supports the 2,5G backhaul but I only see it for sale in the US. If I buy the XE55 Pro in the US, can I use in Germany without an issue? I have extra EU powder plugs for DECO units that should work without a problem. I am mainly concerned with the firmware being different and perhaps I am unable to update the firmware to the EU version so it is the same as my other DECO devices. Alternatively, when will the EU version of the XE55 Pro be available in Germany? Thank you for your assistance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:XE55 Pro - 2.5G Backhaul - US Version Work in Europe?
2023-09-01 02:51:11

@US2DE 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you mean Deco X55 Pro or Deco XE75 Pro since they both have 2.5G Ethernet ports?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/compare/?typeId=5757&productIds=69290%2C58456

Usually, it is one firmware link for different region codes and during firmware upgrade, the specific hardware would adapt to the proper region code automatically.

Purchasing Deco from the US would be rather inconvenient if a later warranty service is required since we do not offer international warranty service.

The wireless regulation of the EU and US versions would also be a problem, such as channels 12-13 of 2.4GHz are not supported on the US version, and Band 4 of 5Ghz is not allowed on the EU version.

As for the sales available, it is hard to predict when a model will be available in some regions. Maybe you could reach out to the local sales or technical support teams to see whether they have more details.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options