"IoT Network" option not available on Deco PX50 App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 14:02:31 - last edited 2023-09-05 13:42:18
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.03 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020

Hello everyone, this is my first post here,

Deco App (Android) version: 3.5.15
Deco PX50 hardware version: EU/1.0
Deco PX50 firmware version: v1.03 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020

Just purchased a Deco PX50 (Pack of 3) and, reading the manual to set the mesh up, there is a mention that an option to create an IoT network exists. Fab!

Unfortunately, this option doesn't appear in the App:

• Is this correctt?
  • If not, could this be due to a regional restriction ?
  • if not, are there any plan to make this option available in the near future?
  • if not what are my options, considering that, as mentioned above, I have just purchased (thru the tp-link shop on Amazon) the current PX 50 set - does TP-Link offers a hardware upgrade path (other than re-buying the whole thing in full)?
  • if not, what would be the best "recipe" to create/integrate a dedicated IoT sub-network within my current existing Deco mesh network?

Thanks

Last Edit: Adding tags to the post + correction of a few mistypes.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"IoT Network" option not available on Deco PX50 App-Solution
2023-09-05 10:00:12 - last edited 2023-09-05 13:42:24

@eLeMenCy 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Here is some information for your reference:

It is right that the current firmware 1.0.3 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020 of Deco PX50 does not support the IOT network. This feature is planned to be added via a firmware upgrade later but the ETA is not clear.

Do you purchase Deco PX50 for its dedicated Powerline Backhaul? If yes, there are no better substitute models yet.

But if you do not require the Powerline Backhaul, you could negotiate with Amazon to see whether you could replace it with a different Deco, like Deco X50/Deco X60.

And Deco PX50 supports guest network, if you do not want to replace PX50, you could try to enable guest network for 2.4Ghz only and connect IOT devices to the guest network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:"IoT Network" option not available on Deco PX50 App-Solution
2023-09-05 10:00:12 - last edited 2023-09-05 13:42:24

@eLeMenCy 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Here is some information for your reference:

It is right that the current firmware 1.0.3 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020 of Deco PX50 does not support the IOT network. This feature is planned to be added via a firmware upgrade later but the ETA is not clear.

Do you purchase Deco PX50 for its dedicated Powerline Backhaul? If yes, there are no better substitute models yet.

But if you do not require the Powerline Backhaul, you could negotiate with Amazon to see whether you could replace it with a different Deco, like Deco X50/Deco X60.

And Deco PX50 supports guest network, if you do not want to replace PX50, you could try to enable guest network for 2.4Ghz only and connect IOT devices to the guest network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:"IoT Network" option not available on Deco PX50 App
2023-09-05 13:41:34 - last edited 2023-09-05 13:42:45

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

. . . current firmware 1.0.3 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020 of Deco PX50 does not support the IOT network. This feature is planned to be added via a firmware upgrade later. . .

This is great news and what I was hoping for!

David-TP wrote

. . . but the ETA is not clear.

Well, armed with the knowledge that this option will be available in a future upgrade, I will wait, as indeed, in my case, the powerline backhaull is prerequisite and, I must admit that it does absolute marvel in my current environment. It was also a breeze to setup.
SO much so and on another note outside this topic, it would be so great if TP-Link was to provide us with a "PX50-Outdoor". One can dream!

David-TP wrote

In the meantime, this is definitively what I am going to do whilst awaiting patiently the next firmware update.

Thanks again for your help in this matter,

Kind regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 2

Related Articles