Bed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bed
Bed
2023-09-09 16:26:44

Bedtime parental controls are not working.

I bought an AX50 and, until now, was reasonably happy with it.

I strongly believe Archer AX50 parental controls have some deffect that makes them not work on my network.

I tried testing the "bed time" feature, as it says "Block this person's internet access between certain times", but the internet is still active. My dummy fast test was going into the browser, entering the Google site, and searching for a random text. I've tried using the "pause" feature, but it has no effect the device still has internet. I tried updating to the latest firmware, 1.0.12 build 20230829 rel 65811 and there was no change, same behavior. Just for a sanity test, I blocked the device, and finally the internet stopped working, so I definitely believe I have set the correct device to my child's profile.

Anyone, is there a known workaround or solution? I read a previous report saying something about disabling IPv6 alternative, but I have no clue how to do that (or if it will work).

Anyone know if this is planned to be fixed in the future?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards

João

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bed
2023-09-11 10:57:46

@joao_ 

Hi, we have awared of the AX50 parental control issue, please pay attention to this thread for future update and solution:

HomeCare Parental Control Suddenly Stopped Working

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options