Deco S4 v2 firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-15 06:36:43
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi all,

This is mainly aimed at the TP Link reps here - is there any word on a firmware update for the S4 v2?

At the time of purchasing these units I was not aware of any hardware revisions or how that would result in being left behind firmware wise. I have a hybrid setup of X20's and S4's but am unable to avail of the manual selection of sources due to the S4 being outdated.

Are there plans or an ETA on a firmware update for these? If not, is there a possibility to swap them for v4 hardware which DOES have newer firmware available?

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S4 v2 firmware update
2023-09-18 08:12:54

@Eambo 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I am afraid there is still no ETA on the firmware update of Deco S4 V2 and the model exchange needs the approval of the local warranty office.

The Good news is that there is a beta firmware for Deco S4_V2 that supports signal source selection:

Deco S4_V2_1.5.1

1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

Please let me know whether the beta firmware helps.

Best regards.

Options