Wifi Download Speed Limitation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-18 21:26:18
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 EU

Hey!

My internet speed was 100mps download/25 mbps upload and the speed on all 3 decos where the same 100mbps download/25 mbps upload. I increased my subscription to speed of 300mpbs download/60mbps upload. The main deco is giving me exact speed 300mbps download/60 mbps upload, but regarding my other 2 deco units giving me a limited speed of 100mbps download but increased the upload to 60 mbps. The connection between these 2 units to the main one fair and the other strong, and both giving me the same speed test results of 100mbps download as making sure each time to which deco unit the device is connected.

I changed the main unit from deco x20 to deco x55 and the same results on the other 2 deco units still the same 100mbps download/60mbps upload.

I did a mistake installing the firmware manually for deco x20 US version and they are EU. I reinstalled the EU Version again and it was giving me all the same speed test results on all with US and EU version, no difference.

I really need to fix this as im not getting use of paying for a certain speed subscription and it is still limited.

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi Download Speed Limitation
2023-09-19 08:27:50

@Sallomy 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Deco X20 EU and US versions shared the same firmware link so the firmware would not be the problem.

Did you connect the satellite Deco X20s via Ethernet cables to the main Deco X20? Would there be a network switch?

If yes, have you tried to replace a new cable in case the old one is aging?

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
Re:Wifi Download Speed Limitation
2023-09-19 10:58:52

@David-TP 

Yes i did try by ethernet it gave me full speed 300mbps but they are connnected by wireless and its 100mbps only on both devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 2

Related Articles