Kasa app forgot ALL my devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-05 12:22:07 - last edited 2023-11-28 11:18:14
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: cannot access the devices so what do you want?

I've used the Tp-Link smart plugs for a number of years. Other than the first batch that died and TP-Link politely turned their back on those who owned them, the others have been reliable for us. I have a number of them set up in the app and then linked to Alexa throught the Alexa app.

Recently, I booted up the Kasa app and it asked me to add a device, as there were none there. I checked I was logged in and I was. I logged out and in again, same deal. No devices had been remembered. 

I went to the Alexa app and they are all still there and not only that, I can turn them on and off from the Alexa app so they are actually working. Why then does the Kasa app not know what they are if they are actually registered and working?

Smart home stuff is fun and functional, until it doesn't work and to be honest, this is just annoying to say the least. How can they work but Kasa doesn't know what they are and more to the point, think we don't have any devices.

App deleted and re-installed. Logged in and out etc etc. We have a ton of these devices and to re-connect them all and then set up all the routines and stuff in Alexa is hours and hours of work. Any ideas anyone?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Kasa app forgot ALL my devices-Solution
2023-10-07 08:03:31 - last edited 2023-10-10 09:10:19

@Stevieruss 

It's possible that the account you logged into on the Kasa App is not the same account that is tied to your Kasa device and Alexa.

If you have more than one email address, make sure you are logged into the correct account.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-07 08:16:38 - last edited 2023-10-10 09:10:20

@Wayne-TP 

I checked all my accounts and never knew (or remembered) that actually I had an old account with an old email address I haven't used for years. After resetting the password for that old email address on an account that I had forgotten, you were right. I managed to log in to that account and there everything was. I don't have any recollection of creating a new account at any stage.

I feel a it stupid as this is the sort of advice I give to other people and now am victim to my own stupidity. Sometimes it's easier to blame everything and everyone other than yourself so lesson learned. Thanks for pointing out the obvious and saving the day.   yes

Recommended Solution
Options
30 Reply
2023-10-07 08:03:31 - last edited 2023-10-10 09:10:19

@Stevieruss 

It's possible that the account you logged into on the Kasa App is not the same account that is tied to your Kasa device and Alexa.

If you have more than one email address, make sure you are logged into the correct account.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-07 08:16:38 - last edited 2023-10-10 09:10:20

@Wayne-TP 

I checked all my accounts and never knew (or remembered) that actually I had an old account with an old email address I haven't used for years. After resetting the password for that old email address on an account that I had forgotten, you were right. I managed to log in to that account and there everything was. I don't have any recollection of creating a new account at any stage.

I feel a it stupid as this is the sort of advice I give to other people and now am victim to my own stupidity. Sometimes it's easier to blame everything and everyone other than yourself so lesson learned. Thanks for pointing out the obvious and saving the day.   yes

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Kasa app forgot ALL my devices
2023-10-10 09:11:30

@Stevieruss 

Glad to know my suggestion helps! If you encounter any other problems, feel free to reach out to us!

Options
2023-11-15 04:22:48

@Stevieruss @Wayne-TP I am having the same problem but no other email account. Same email associated with Alexa and used in the Kasa app. I'm so confused as to why my devices all suddenly disappeared! Any other suggestions?

Options
2023-11-15 04:29:42

@A-Rae this just happened to me too. I just logged in and all my devices are gone. 

Options
2023-11-15 04:39:54

@A-Rae same here open the app they were there then I refreshed the app and they are gone. 

Options
2023-11-15 04:48:32

@Polyx  same. 

all my devices are gone. 

appears to be a Kasa full system issue? I hope they can help...

Options
2023-11-15 04:51:29

@Polyx same thing just happened here after I had a plug not responded. Logged into app, device was there, tried to turn it off then boom. Everything gone. 

Options
2023-11-15 04:52:11

@Polyx I'm experiencing the same issue with 2 of my cameras!

Options
2023-11-15 04:57:35

same with mine, all gone, along with my routines 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2229

Replies: 30

Related Articles