Wireguard Passthrough Failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-10 23:15:28
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I am running a Wireguard server and trying to connect to the server using my iPhone. The Wireguard app on the iPhone works great when I am connected to the internet using 4g or the ISP stock WiFi. When I connect to the Deco Wi-Fi, the internet drops, and the Wireguard app logs: "Failed to perform handshake" continuously.

My mesh Wi-Fi uses 7 Decos, and it is on AP mode (still using the ISP modem + router). The Decos are all with green light, and other devices in the network (without wireguard) don't have an issue connecting to the internet. I only have Apple devices to triage with (Laptop + phones) 

I've performed the basic troubleshooting suggested: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412688 plus rebooted my Deco network a few times to no avail.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireguard Passthrough Failure
2023-10-11 06:17:58

@papanton 

Hi, are you able to stably reproduce this issue on the iPhone?

Could you please test on one more Apple device to see whether the same issue continued?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-11 07:02:03

@David-TP I am able to reliably reproduce from two different iphones.

Options
2023-10-11 07:44:12

@papanton 

Thank you for the quick reply.

I would like to follow up on your case via email and consult the engineers for further advice.

Please check whether you can receive my email later.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 3

Related Articles