Sticky Client Issues in Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-16 06:30:48 - last edited 2023-10-16 09:12:27
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

I have a RE505x in access point mode but I have an issue it's sticky client/s even though the device connected to it is far and near to the main router it's still connected to that AP. By the way, my main Router model is an Archer AX55 Router. Easy mesh and One mesh features not work if the range extender is in AP mode but I still need that device in AP mode because it's producing high download and upload speeds unlike in range extender mode.

Hope you could help me,

Thank you smiley

Options
3 Reply
Re:Sticky Client Issues in Access Point Mode
2023-10-16 23:20:18 - last edited 2023-10-17 06:37:07

@John_04 

Try reducing the RE wireless coverage like this:

and test again. If the problem persists lower the coverage to minimum and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-17 02:17:32

@terziyski I appreciated your input about this, It somehow reduced the issue but it's still persisting  

Options
2023-10-18 09:19:52

@John_04 

Hi, I often saw similar issues on Deco Mesh systems that users reported clients tend to always be connected to the main unit, even though they might be next to the satellite Mesh units. Most cases turned out to be related to the roaming protocol of the mobile clients, such as the FAQ mentioned here:

Why my clients don't roam/connect to the nearest Deco node?

The router and the extender might already suggest clients move to a better Wi-Fi signal, but somehow the client still thinks the original WiFi is better and would stick to its current connection.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 3

Related Articles