Added X80-5G as main deco - connection preference disappeared

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-17 21:19:41
Model: Deco X80-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

Hi everyone,

I've been running 3 XE75s, with my Virgin Hub 3. No problems, really solid WiFi and firmware 1.2.7 I've been able to set the deco connection preference for each device added to the network.

I've replaced the Virgin Hub with an X80-5G but can no longer set the connection preference for each device - the option is not there.

Any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Added X80-5G as main deco - connection preference disappeared
2023-10-18 09:51:19

@cjt20 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The current firmware of Deco X80-5G does not support connection preference yet and this feature needs the support of all the units in the Deco Mesh.

Since Deco XE75 supports WiFi 6E and its latest firmware also had more software features, like VPN/IOT network, it might be better to keep the Virgin Hub 3 and set it as a 5G bridge modem and still use Deco XE75 as the DHCP router, instead of replacing it with Deco X80-5G.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Added X80-5G as main deco - connection preference disappeared
2023-10-18 10:02:46

@David-TP Thanks for the reply. The Virgin Hub 3 is a fibre modem/router and the reason for purchasing the X80-5G is to replace it entirely with 4G/5G broadband. So whilst it's a shame not to have the connection preference, it's not a dealbreaker.

I have just had an internet outage on the X80-5G, however. Are there any log files that might show why this occurred?

Options