DECO XE75 - when I plug in a cable it disconnects from Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-20 16:52:06
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.6.10

Hi there, I have three DECO XE75 in my house. Two work perfectly. The third will connect to the network and is showing a green light, however whenever I plug a wifi cable into the port at the back to connect a device, the DECO fails - light turns yellow or red. 

Also, when it is showing a green light there are no devices connecting to it. I have updated to the latest version and have tried multiple devices and cables but nothing seems to fix the problem. Would you have any advice to assist? 

My ISP is Starlink and I have the main DECO connected to the Starlink device. All looks normal from that side, although there is a caution in the DECO app saying 'Abnormal WAN port speed. Please check your WAN port connection.'

Apart from the issue with one DECO, the system seems to be operating normally, but only having two DECOs available means I cannot connect all the devices I would like to. 
Many thanks. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:DECO XE75 - when I plug in a cable it disconnects from Wifi
2023-10-23 11:08:47

@Shak320 

Hi,  welcome to the community.

Have you ever tried to reset this satellite Deco XE75 and add it back to the Deco APP again?

Would the same issue continue?

It is also suggested to plug this Deco into a different power socket. Swapping its location with the other satellite XE75 would be great.

As for the error notice about the WAN speed, may I know how much internet bandwidth you are supposed to get from Starlink?

Could you please also refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log as well:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:DECO XE75 - when I plug in a cable it disconnects from Wifi
2023-12-01 15:45:33

@David-TP Thanks for your response. Apologies for my delayed reply. I have been travelling over the last few weeks. 

I have tried to reset this DECO several times but the issue has not resolved. I upgraded the cable from Starlink to a CAT 8 today and the broadband speed is much higher, however the Deco still shows connected in green to the network and then fails and changes to a red light if I plug in a device. 

Even when the DECO appears online no devices connect to it via WiFi. I wonder if anything else I can try. 

Many thanks,

Shane 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2

Related Articles