Connecting my mesh sytem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting my mesh sytem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting my mesh sytem
Connecting my mesh sytem
2023-10-23 22:29:57 - last edited 2023-10-30 10:01:48
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My internet wifi has changed and I have lost my connection to the deco units in my house.

How can I restore the mesh network through the house. Sorry not computer or tech savvy.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting my mesh sytem-Solution
2023-10-24 02:22:35 - last edited 2023-10-30 10:01:48

@PeterB-1945 

Hi, welcome to the community.

"My internet wifi has changed and I have lost my connection to the deco units in my house", are you trying to say that after changing the internet service provider, you might need to set Deco M5 up again with the new ISP?

If yes, you could connect back to the original Deco WiFi network now. It might have no internet now.

Then go back to Deco APP>More>Internet connection type to change the Internet connection type and other configuration credentials provided by the new service provider.

In this way, you will keep the previous Wi-Fi SSID and password so the mobile devices will connect to the internet automatically when the internet is up again.

Or you could also hold the reset pinhole for 1s on the first main Deco M5 and start a new setup according to the video here:

https://youtu.be/re0__tWK4Q4

best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting my mesh sytem-Solution
2023-10-24 02:22:35 - last edited 2023-10-30 10:01:48

@PeterB-1945 

Hi, welcome to the community.

"My internet wifi has changed and I have lost my connection to the deco units in my house", are you trying to say that after changing the internet service provider, you might need to set Deco M5 up again with the new ISP?

If yes, you could connect back to the original Deco WiFi network now. It might have no internet now.

Then go back to Deco APP>More>Internet connection type to change the Internet connection type and other configuration credentials provided by the new service provider.

In this way, you will keep the previous Wi-Fi SSID and password so the mobile devices will connect to the internet automatically when the internet is up again.

Or you could also hold the reset pinhole for 1s on the first main Deco M5 and start a new setup according to the video here:

https://youtu.be/re0__tWK4Q4

best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 1

Related Articles