New firmware bricked my deco xe75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 23:31:10
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Bonjour, j'ai fais la mise a jour de firmware depuis l'aplication (iphone) et depuis, une borne DECO ne fonctionne plus. J'ai tout essayé pendant 2 jours mais j'ai pas reussi regler le probleme. 

- j'ai tout réinitialisé recréé le réseau, redemaré le modem

- j'ai essayé recuperer le firmware avec les 2 methodes  

La borne DECO  est prete a etre configurée (led blue) et si je branche un cable RJ45 elle redemmare (led jaune)

Options
5 Reply
Re:New firmware bricked my deco xe75
2023-10-24 02:06:36

@Adriantp 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I noticed you commented here as well in English.

Is the broken blinking blue now? I saw you mentioned that it would restart and turn yellow when connecting via an Ethernet cable. So how about connecting without the cable? Are you able to add it wirelessly over the Deco APP? If not, would there be any errors on the Deco APP?

Is there any chance that you could help me record a video clip of the LED status on the Deco XE75?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-24 08:08:33

@David-TP  hi, my English is not very well that's why i explain you in French. Thank you. 

So, the led is blinking blue, then i found the deco's WiFi on my phone but when deco try to connect to my provider router (modem) i need to connect it via an Ethernet cable (i don't have a choice to connect via WiFi or i don't know how we do this with Deco Application). When i connect deco via cable Ethernet to provider modem the led is turning yellow and the deco restart continuous. I wil record and send you a video clip. Have a nice day

Options
2023-10-30 11:41:18

@Adriantp 

Thank you very much and I will wait for your good news.

In a 3-pack Deco XE75 system, only the first main Deco needs to be wired into the ISP router by an Ethernet cable. The other two satellite Deco XE75s could be wirelessly connected to the main XE75. Actually, I was wondering whether the bricked/flashing blue Deco could be added manually as a satellite Deco by clicking "+" on the top right of the Deco APP>Add a Deco unit.

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-30 11:54:54

@David-TP yes i can connect the deco satellite via APP , led turn Green but then led turn yellow (restart i guess)

Options
2023-10-31 02:43:53

@Adriantp 

Thanks for the quick reply.

In this way, I think it is very likely the Deco was broken you could contact the retailer to replace the Deco first.

The 1.2.8 firmware was released a month ago and I will also check whether there will be more similar feedback.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options