Deco X60 after FW Upgrade many wifi devices are disconnected

2023-10-26 09:16:43
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 build 20230908 Rel. 32942

Hi,

so after the latest upgrade the wifi network is unstable devices are disconnected,

communications between Deco's are disconnected.

this make my wifi network unstable.

i have set of 3 decos X60 V2

any solution?

Options
23 Reply
Re:Deco X60 after FW Upgrade many wifi devices are disconnected
2023-10-27 10:43:53

@shaylami 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know your original firmware version of Deco X60?

If it was 1.5.1, the new 1.5.2 barely has any changes so I don't think it could cause the unstable connection. 

Did the satellite Deco X60 wirelessly connect to the main Deco X60?

Have you seen any Deco turn flashing red during the disconnection?

How often have you experienced the disconnection?

It is also suggested to refer to the suggestions here:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-27 10:48:06

I too am experiencing this since updating to 1.5.2 build 20230908 rel 32942,  I have a rather large implementation consisting of 5 Deco X60's and about 65 nodes (with most being IOT devices).  I use multiple brands of devices....   These devices seems to go offline and then eventually reconnect intermittantly throughout the day. Interestingly it is TP-Links own Kasa-Smart devices that have the trouble the most.  There are others as well, but are more stable than the Kasa units.  

Unless a new firmware is coming soon, I need to revert back to the last firmware. 

FJ  

Options
2023-10-27 12:12:16

@shaylami 

I too am experiencing this since updating to 1.5.2 build 20230908 rel 32942,  I have a rather large implementation consisting of 5 Deco X60's and about 65 nodes (with most being IOT devices).  I use multiple brands of devices....   These devices seems to go offline and then eventually reconnect intermittantly throughout the day. Interestingly it is TP-Links own Kasa-Smart devices that have the trouble the most.  There are others as well, but are more stable than the Kasa units.  

Unless a new firmware is coming soon, I need to revert back to the last firmware. 

More info:

I have 5 Kasa Smart devices which are connected to different Decos on my Mesh.  These go offline the most.   But I have two Wyze locks and a Wyze Sprinkler which disconnects and reconnects occasionally too. As well as some DYI devices built on ESP8266 micro-controllers. "High-level devices" such has my computers/servers and Google products appear to be stable.

All Deco's indicate a "STRONG" signal.   Most every one of the IOT nodes that are disconnecting and reconnecting indicate a "STRONG" signal as well. 

BTW:   Turning off Beam Forming and Fast Roaming has no effect. Rebooting Deco has no effect.  Network Optimation has no effect.

This issue started IMMEDIATELY after updating the firmware in the DECO's.   Can you estimate when a new version will be available?  Can you push the old version back out?

FJ

Options
2023-10-28 17:35:32

@David-TP 

May I know your original firmware version of Deco X60? shay : i havestarted with 1.5.1 and did some upgrades during the time

If it was 1.5.1, the new 1.5.2 barely has any changes so I don't think it could cause the unstable connection. 

Did the satellite Deco X60 wirelessly connect to the main Deco X60? shay : the main deco is connected wired and the other 2 are connected wireless this is small house one level 2 bedrooms with 30 devices that connected (its shuld be above and byond)

Have you seen any Deco turn flashing red during the disconnection? shay : there is times that i do see and somtimes there is not.

How often have you experienced the disconnection? shay : more then 6 per day that i am awere of it and i am at home to notice that.

Thanks 

Shay

Options
2023-10-28 17:38:35
Hi i am do thinking to roll back most of my IOT devices are tuya based wifi, considering to replace to asus, i have moved to deco X60 since i had deco M5 3 pack and its was good but low at performance so i have moved to the next gen. lets see what TP eng will replay. Best regards, Shay
Options
2023-10-30 18:01:01

@shaylami 

Over the weekend I downgraded my 5 Deco X60's (all v2.6) back to 1.5.1, and stability was restored.  So something is either wrong with 1.5.2 or I had a bad download.  If I get a few minutes without the family home, I will dare to try to update it again. At least I know I can successfully downgrade and get things working.

fj

Options
2023-10-30 20:01:25

@David-TP 

I as sorry to say that I have now updated my Deco X60's (v2.6) back up to firmware v1.5.2. and again the instability has returned! Consistant with my first upgrade attempt...  Several IOT devices are disconnecting and reconnecting with the TP-Link Kasa Smart products being the most problematic. These will disconnect/reconnect many times a hour. (Dimmers HS220 and plugs KP405).

There sure seems like something is wrong with the new firmware.   You mentioned it was mostly a feature upgrade, parental controls, etc.  As the problem seems to affect the TP-Link branded devices more that others, and later versions of the DECO App provide direct control of these TP-link branded dimmers and plugs, is it possible one of the "features" they were working on in this release has something to do with the direct control of these TP-link Smart products and it is what is causing the issue?   Just a thought.

In any case, I will hack it for a few more hours and look for more clues. But unless something changes, I will downgrade yet again back to 1.5.1.   That version has been rock stable in the past, and as well after I downgraded back to it on Saturday. 

fj

Options
2023-10-31 08:09:26

@FrankJaco 

thanks for the update i will rollback to i cant stend the conectivity lose my kids is also freaking out from that.

Options
2023-10-31 08:10:05
Hi David, do you have some updates for us? thanks, Shay
Options
2023-11-16 04:43:23

@FrankJaco  can you help me on downgrading this?  I have experiencing the same issue.  I'm so regret that I hit the upgrade button now

Options