XE75 Pro V1 - Latest Firmware prevented Internet Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 18:11:43
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20230914 Rel. 65662

Hi All

Just for Information I updated my DECO this morning with Latest Firmware this one --> 1.2.4 Build 20230914 Rel. 65662

After reboot main Deco stopped connecting to Internet, it got IP address from ISP (Brillband on City Fibre Infrastructure) but would not connect.

I spoke to Brillband Support and they confirmed no changes on their side, i tested with the Router they provide (eero 6) and it all worked absolutely fine.

I spoke to TP Link Support and went through all the steps, nothing worked, they then told me ISP must have changed connection type (Dynamic IP) and to speak to them, when I explained no nothing changed all working before Firmware upgrade and has been for last 3 months I got a "Please Listen to me" from Jonathan in support (in my view subtext for are you stupid).

So I made the call and downloaded previous Firmware --> 1.2.2 Build 20230613 Rel. 53594, I installed this through web page access and after the reboot, I got my green light back and an internet connection oh and wait a minute it is still Dynamic IP.

Very disappointed from TP Link Support, not so much in what they asked that all seemed reasonable, but in how I was treated after questioning the advice I had been given.

Options