Deco M4 and SONOS speakers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-03 15:29:10
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I have just set up 3 Deco M4 units connected to my Virgin hub (now as a modem rather than a router) 

My 2 SONOS 5 speakers no longer connect.

If I hardwire one SONOS 5 to the first Deco with an ethernet cable I can get it to work but I am unclear how I would connect the other. On line help is a bit uncertain about what can be done.

If I add a network switch to the first Deco does that mean I have more ports that act as if they were part of the main Deco and so will support 2 SONOS 5's?

i.e. If I add the switch and plug my Sonos speakers into two if these network switch ports will they work?

I ask before I purchase a switch and drill 15" holes through two walls to enable hard wiring of the SONOS 5's

Do I have other options? I thought having Deco mesh would solve my wifi issues but more have developed! [My previous Powerline extenders had failed after several years, and no amout of experimentation got them workingagain, so I didn't want to stay with that solution.] Deco M4 appeared much better until I tried to play music via SONOS.

Thanks for any support about this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and SONOS speakers
2023-11-06 09:32:57

@Paul444 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to refer to this link:

After wiring the first one via an Ethernet cable, the wired speaker will broadcast a dedicated wireless SonosNet that your other Sonos products will use. 

Having Issues with your Sonos Speakers and TP-Link Deco Mesh?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M4 and SONOS speakers
2023-11-07 12:17:37

@David-TP Hi my SONOS and Deco M4 issues have been resolved. Problem was trying to use 2 SONOS 5 speakers with Deco M4.

My solution was: Virginmedia Hub4 now a modem rather than a router. First Deco unit connected to Hub and a TP-link switch connected to this. SONOS 5 speakers now hard wired to switch. I had to reset one and add it to the same system. They are now working together fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 2

Related Articles