So what's the definition of the "same power circuit" in all the instructions?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-07 17:40:49
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Installation #Network via power line
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I would like to buy  TP-LINK TL-PA7017 AV1000, but I need to install one of the units it in my underground parking.

This is 20 apartment building. Will this device work and provide the network in this case?

Does this type of device need both lines (power and neutral) to work on only one of them?

Options
1 Reply
Re:So what's the definition of the "same power circuit" in all the instructions?
2023-11-08 19:55:31

@VladB100 

Hi,

It's impossible to predict whether it will work or not.

If the socket in the underground parking goes through your apartment's electricity meter (i.e. the electricity used from that particular socket is directly charged to your personal electricity bill), then you might have a chance.

But if the electricity drawn from that socket in the underground parking is charged as general expenses of the whole apartment building, then don't even think about using Powerline, because then the socket is most probably not the "same power circuit".

Powerline adapters up to AV1000 usually only require power (L) and neutral (N), while Powerline adapters AV1300 and up use all three wires (power, neutral, ground), which is usually indicated by the term "2×2 MIMO" in the specs.

Options