AX 55 Pro USB 3.0 capavilities

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-11 11:53:12
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Currently I use Archer C6 v2.0

I am exploring upgrade options to:

- Wifi 6

- USB 3.x

- OneMesh / EasyMesh using Range Extender like RE605x

- USB-bases 3G/4G/5G modem

My questions are:

1)

- if I plug following device: USB 3.0 port replicator with following devices plugged into it:

-- Storage Drive to act as a NAS

-- USB 3G/4G/5G modem

Would they work properly at full speed (within USB 3.0 spec) and capabilities?

2)

- if I have 10G cat6 twisted pair RJ45 network with D-link L2/L3 smart manageable switch, would HomeShield and other features conflict? E.g. QoS is set using Router while CCTV features and network segmentation is done un D-link side...

3)

- is this Router IoT/Smart Home features enabled? What management options are there in Android app, comparing to web based admin site?

Options
11 Reply
Re:AX 55 Pro USB 3.0 capavilities
2023-11-13 08:25:51

@HXunbanned 

Hi, do you need all those features you mentioned? 

Please note that AX55 Pro doesn't support to connect USB-bases 3G/4G/5G modem, the USB port of AX55 Pro supports only USB Storage Device or Time Machine.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-13 11:19:43

@Sunshine  yes, having all is these features is giving actual financial and practical rationale to upgrade.

Interesting. In the Product page, it exclusively mentioned the support for USB-based 3G/4G modem ("3G/4G LTE Connection"). So is TP-link lying or... ?

What is "Time Machine"?

Options
2023-11-14 02:12:38

@HXunbanned 

Hi, may I have a link or screenshot where you saw the support of USB-based 3G/4G Modem? on TP-Link official website or Amazon etc.?

I just checked TP-Link global website and don't see any related information: Archer AX55 Pro | AX3000 Multi-Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router with 2.5G Port | TP-Link

In addition, with Time Machine function, you can select the USB drive connecting to TP-Link router as the backup disk of your MacBook.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-14 06:03:49

@Sunshine , here ya go (the link opens new page where the 3g/4g LTE Connection is mentioned :

Options
2023-11-15 07:26:56

@Sunshine ... So ... Such a long silence means that either you prep a good coorporate excuse to point out that I have not seen/read some janky PDF manual somewhere somehow attached, which specifies exact USB 3.0 chipset and capabilities for this Router model.. or you actually prep a proper answer that is oriented to be helpful and informative ... what an excitement! :)

Options
2023-11-15 08:40:15

@HXunbanned 

Hi, I've checked the link you mentioned, it indeed includes the 3G/4G USB modem connection, however, that link is an introduction to all the USB port related features on different products, which doesn't mean all the products with USB port support all those features.

For example, the Archer AX55 Pro you are looking at supports Local Storage Sharing, Media Server and Remote Access via FTP Server, but doesn't support Printer Server or 3G/4G Connection. 

In addition, I understand that the information in that link might be not so clear, to avoid misunderstanding, I will report to related team to update it and add some notes to make it more clear. Sorry for the confusion caused.

For the specific features of a product, it is recommended to check the specification of the product. Your understanding would be highly appreciated!

Options
2023-11-23 10:38:50

@Sunshine which TP-Link routers support my listed features?

Options
2023-12-07 08:22:20

@HXunbanned 

Hi, I am afraid no TP-Link Wireless Routers support all the listed features you mentioned, as the WiFi 6 or 6E or 7 Routers with USB 3.0 ports don't support to connect 3G/4G USB modem.

Options
2023-12-08 11:13:02 - last edited 2023-12-08 11:14:04

.. and what about MRxxxx Product Line? Is there any model with EasyMesh/OneMesh?

Options
2023-12-08 15:18:52

@Sunshine ... See question above.

Options