X60 Slow Wifi Speed just next to the router.

2023-11-13 21:09:26
Tags: #disappointed
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.6.27

I have a 1GB internet line. When I test the speed using the virgin WiFi and stand near the virgin router i get about 980Mb/s (expected).  If I connect via Ethernet cable to laptop to the Virgin router i get the same speed.  The speed remains the same when I turn off the WiFi from the virgin router and just test via Ethernet = 980MB/s

In my case, I cannot get more than 600MB/s out of this device no matter the connection options (WiFi or direct by cable Ethernet).  I bought the Deco X60 because I was guaranteed faster than 1Gb/s speed.   I am getting 1/10th of the speed expected.

This seems to be a problem that is reported often in forums - please someone at TP-Link respond.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:X60 Slow Wifi Speed just next to the router.
2023-11-17 07:21:30

@Tommy13209 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know how much speed you could get from the main Deco X60? Can I have some screenshots of the speedtest results?

Please make sure you have tried the following suggestion already:

1. Go to Deco APP>More>QOS to make sure it is disabled to set to 1000 m/s download and upload.

2. Make sure UPNP is turned off under Deco APP>More>Advanced>NAT Forwarding.

3. Please also connect the Virgin router to another Ethernet post on the main Deco X60.

Have you tried to switch the Deco X60 into Access Point mode to see whether it made any difference to the speed?

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:X60 Slow Wifi Speed just next to the router.
2023-11-21 17:17:46
Hi David I changed the set up based on your instruction here. I have 1 main and 2 satellites, the main is connected to 1000 ATT fiber router. I also have my pc wired connected to att 1000 fiber. the wired speed is always nearly 1000. While the wifi max is only 600, no matter how close I am with the deco. Could you please send a webex with me to check? Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 2

Tags

disappointed
Related Articles