Advanced settings for expert users - i.e. Static DHCP IP assignments, custom guest network name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Advanced settings for expert users - i.e. Static DHCP IP assignments, custom guest network name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-14 22:30:27 - last edited 2023-11-15 08:26:03
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230327 Rel. 54700

Hello,

It is very dissapointing that I can't modify or access advanced settings such as:

• DHCP and Stati LAN IP Assignments
  • Port Forwarding
  • Static Public IP
  • Change guest network name

Those are just a few to name. Please let me know if maybe this is not the right product for a more advanced user or do I need another software from TP Link? Or maybe I need a different mesh router model?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Advanced settings for expert users - i.e. Static DHCP IP assignments, custom guest network name-Solution
2023-11-15 02:01:50 - last edited 2023-11-15 08:26:03

Sergit wrote

It is very dissapointing that I can't modify or access advanced settings such as:

• Port Forwarding
  • Static Public IP

@Sergit so, in the app, what's wrong with:

More->Advanced->DHCP Server  More->Advanced->Address Reservation and More->Advanced->NAT Forwarding->Port Forwarding.

I'm not sure about setting a static External IP at More->Internet Connection, the app does say I need to connect to the Deco WiFi network and restart it but I am and I can't ... maybe because I have IPv6 enabled.

I'm not going to turn on guest network so I can check if I can change the SSID in either of the two placed I can enable it you will need to do that and specify what it is you can't do.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Advanced settings for expert users - i.e. Static DHCP IP assignments, custom guest network name-Solution
2023-11-15 02:01:50 - last edited 2023-11-15 08:26:03

Sergit wrote

• Port Forwarding
  • Static Public IP

@Sergit so, in the app, what's wrong with:

More->Advanced->DHCP Server  More->Advanced->Address Reservation and More->Advanced->NAT Forwarding->Port Forwarding.

I'm not sure about setting a static External IP at More->Internet Connection, the app does say I need to connect to the Deco WiFi network and restart it but I am and I can't ... maybe because I have IPv6 enabled.

I'm not going to turn on guest network so I can check if I can change the SSID in either of the two placed I can enable it you will need to do that and specify what it is you can't do.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Advanced settings for expert users - i.e. Static DHCP IP assignments, custom guest network name
2023-11-15 03:14:23

@raven-au 

One can definitely change Guest Network SSID. Done that. 

There is a possibility OP logged to the Deco app not as an Owner with full access, but as a Manager with default permissions which do not allow changes to network configuration. 

Options
Re:Advanced settings for expert users - i.e. Static DHCP IP assignments, custom guest network name
2023-11-15 08:25:53

@raven-au

thank you for the information! everything worked except how to set the public IP. But with the rest is good enough to live with. Cheers!

Options
2023-11-15 10:41:00 - last edited 2023-11-15 10:42:08

Sergit wrote

@raven-au

thank you for the information! everything worked except how to set the public IP. But with the rest is good enough to live with. Cheers!

@Sergit that's odd, surely we don't have to reset the whole Deco to change the network setting if we get a fixed ip from our ISP ... or maybe that isn't an option for some reason like, for example in my case, the Dynamic IP setting assigns me my ISP provided fixed public IP ... which I need because the ISP uses CG-NAT.

So I've not needed to worry about it ...

Options
2023-11-15 10:48:04

@Sergit oh wait, I'm honestly not sure how I did it but in More->Internet Connection I could not change settings then something went wrong and I terminated the app, started it again and went back to the same location and tapped on Internet Connection Type and a dialog appeared which allowed me to select from a number of different types including Static IP ...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 5

Related Articles