VR2800 is dead

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR2800 is dead

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR2800 is dead
VR2800 is dead
2023-11-15 17:13:27

After many years of reasonable service, my VR2800 operating as a modem died. The first I knew of it was when the Wifi service provided by my AX6600 and AV1300 devices lost internet connectivity.

I have tried a different TP-LINK power supply and a different mains socket but the device is dead.  No lights, nothing....  We have not had any reported power surges or lightening strikes. What could have cuased the issue and (more significantly) what can be done to fix ?  Difficult to restore my config if the device won't even start up.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:VR2800 is dead
2023-11-15 21:38:21

@BigCatXJS 

If you didn't make any configuration backup before VR2800 failed, you won't be able to restore its configuration.

When using another power adapter make sure the voltage is the same, the amps are the same or greater than the original power supply.

You can always contact your local service to ask if they can help identify the problem and possibly fix it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-16 08:12:15

Thanks for the reply.  I have a good config backup.  I tried multiple TP-LINK power supplies but no luck.  I have decided to purchase another VR2800 that should turn-up in the next day or so.  I then plan to restore my config on the new device.  I figure this will be the quickest way to restore service.

Options
2023-11-16 11:29:21

@BigCatXJS 

Yes, that's correct if you have a comprehensive device configuration and you have its backup.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 3

Related Articles