Link speed 54mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Link speed 54mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Link speed 54mbps
Link speed 54mbps
2023-11-18 14:35:06 - last edited 2023-11-18 14:44:14
Model: Archer TX20U Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5001.15.129.0

I bought this device to use as a hotspot, and right now I don't believe it is possible. I can create a Wifi and it can be detected as Wifi6 1200mbps, but the performance will be limited to 8mb/s download and 20mb/s upload (this I dont understand either).
When checking network properties it says Link speed 54mbps, and when I connect Quest2 Airlink using the hotspot, it will only allow me a bitrate of 40 something, when I can at least use 200 If I connect directly to the router's WIFI.
The device works flawlessly as a receiver, but there are options to change when you use it as a receiver, and pretty much nothing to change when using it as a transmitter. I did all the troubleshoots a person with certain experience can think of, obviously uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting, reseting network, trying several USB ports, I even followed some netsh troubleshoot, I dont know what to do. I am on Windows 11, if anybody knows some secret options or poweruser tricks, Maybe there is something Im missing.

As a receiver is working well

No problems with Ethernet, but hotspot is trash.

Please enlighten me, otherwise I will have to format and maybe go back to Windows10, and google search for the rest of my life.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Link speed 54mbps
2023-12-01 10:49:27

@sisinhosanto 

Hi, It seemed like the hotspot is on 2.4GHz and have you tried to use the 5Ghz band under Settings > Network > Wireless mobile hotspot?

How much speed you could get if connecting the smartphone to the mobile hotspot?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Link speed 54mbps
2023-12-05 20:04:16

Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your wireless network adapter. Visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the most up-to-date drivers for your specific device. Check if there is interference on the Wi-Fi channel you are using. Use a tool like Wi-Fi Analyzer to identify less congested channels and change your hotspot's channel accordingly. Check your hotspot settings for any limitations or restrictions. Some devices may have default settings that limit the number of connected devices or restrict data throughput. Ensure that your hotspot's security settings are appropriate, but not overly restrictive. For example, using WPA3 encryption is more secure but may limit compatibility with some devices.

Options