TP-Link android deco upgrade lost all settings

2023-11-19 08:11:53
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: No idea

Hi,

Upgraded my Android Deco software to V3.0 tonight, it's lost all config and wants me to start from scratch. This is Not happening, no warning that settings would be lost after the upgrade or that I would have to start again. This is incredibly poor from TP-Link and has put me off any further TP-Link products.

I will guess that TP-Link won't care and there will be no solution. People need to be warned.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link android deco upgrade lost all settings
2023-11-20 06:53:24

@GoKiwi 

Hi, "Android Deco software to V3.0", Do you mean Deco APP 3.0? or the firmware version of Deco PX50?

If it is Deco APP 3.0, this APP has been released for quite a long time, a year maybe and the current APP is 3.6.28 for Android OS.

The 3.0 APP has a completely new-designed UI that works better and is more user-friendly.

Get to know Deco APP 3.0

Deco APP Release Note

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-20 18:35:08

@GoKiwi

Deco App 3.0 that runs on your Android phone to manage your Deco Units. The upgrade completely wiped out the previous version and now the only way I can manage my Deco Units is reset everything and start again - this is totally unacceptable.

Options
2024-02-03 16:33:49

@GoKiwi Yeah, this kinda stinks.. now the app can't find my devices.. Guess i know what i'm doing for the whole afternoon now..

This should not have gotten through QA. 

Options
2024-02-03 21:37:37

@GoKiwi Yes, it's a shame they never realize that they will miss out on features in the app when you buy a new device. You're supposed to buy these devices that are expensive and still leave you without features that should be by default. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 338

Replies: 4

Related Articles