"Forced to stop managing network"
2023-11-26 22:52:52 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #DecoApp
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I've had a pop up appear a few times in my Deco app:

> Forced to stop managing network

> Only one user at a time can remotely manage the network on one device. Manage the network again?

I am the only person who should be attempting to manage my network. Should I be worried that someone else has access to my network or is this something that people see fairly often?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"Forced to stop managing network"-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@doublej70 

Hello, thank you for posting in the community.

For any security concerns and to protect the network, please try the following:

1. Create a unique, complex password for your wireless network as well as your TP-Link account that includes a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using common words, phrases, or personal information that could be easily guessed. And don't share your credentials with anyone else that you don't trust.

2. Enable 2FA on the Deco App to add an extra layer of security. You may check this thread for more details: Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Deco APP.

3. Keep the Deco App as well as your Deco units' firmware up-to-date.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:"Forced to stop managing network"
2023-11-27 20:39:15

@vitch 

I've only had my TP-Link a few days but I've also been receiving this msg in the app

Options
2023-11-27 20:53:46

@Bushnell1 It seems a bit suspect, does it not?

I'd kind of like it if it was possible to disable the remote management completely. I don't really need to manage my network when I'm not connected to it (although it's been so flakey recently that I have been managing it from my phone's 4g connection quite a lot!)...

Options
2024-02-08 18:54:45

@vitch 

This just happened to me 15minutes ago.  the phone used for the app stays at home and is for controlling smart devices (like a remote control).  No one else has the app or password.

Seems to me like someone in TP-Link is going where they shouldnt be  Or maybe they are trying to scare me into updating my p9 firmware which ive been putting off.

I changed my password just in case.

Options
2 weeks ago

@vitch 

Not a single reply from tp link on this topic?? Same issue. 

Options
Re:"Forced to stop managing network"-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@doublej70 

Hello, thank you for posting in the community.

For any security concerns and to protect the network, please try the following:

1. Create a unique, complex password for your wireless network as well as your TP-Link account that includes a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using common words, phrases, or personal information that could be easily guessed. And don't share your credentials with anyone else that you don't trust.

2. Enable 2FA on the Deco App to add an extra layer of security. You may check this thread for more details: Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Deco APP.

3. Keep the Deco App as well as your Deco units' firmware up-to-date.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 688

Replies: 5

Tags

DecoApp
Related Articles