XE75 and autoswitch to 80MHz channel width

2023-12-12 09:46:21 - last edited 2023-12-15 10:42:29
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Hi,

since a couple of days I've upgraded my old mesh system (M5 and M9 Plus) with the new XE75 decos. Everything is working just fine, but this morning I got a message I never got before: "Deco has temporarily switched your Wi-Fi channel width to 80 MHz due to detected radar signals. It will automatically switch back to 160 MHz when idle at night (2AM-5AM). You can disable the auto switch."

Intrigued by this message, I clicked the auto switch link contained in this message, thinking the app would show me a window with this "auto switch thing" options, instead it directly disabled the feature without any confirmation screen. I was searching in the app a place to re-enable it, but I couldn't find it. So I re-selected in the WiFi options the 160Mhz for the 5Ghz band, but I don't want to force it if there are radar signals that could interfere with it, and I like the idea that the Deco system would automatically take care of it by switching back and forth between 160Mhz and 80Mhz on its own.

Do you know how can I re-enable this feature? Or check if it is enabled or not?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:XE75 and autoswitch to 80MHz channel width-Solution
2023-12-15 10:09:47 - last edited 2023-12-15 10:42:29

@Fraxlin 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

As long as you re-selected 160mhz, the auto-switch has been enabled.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:XE75 and autoswitch to 80MHz channel width-Solution
2023-12-15 10:09:47 - last edited 2023-12-15 10:42:29

@Fraxlin 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

As long as you re-selected 160mhz, the auto-switch has been enabled.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:XE75 and autoswitch to 80MHz channel width
3 weeks ago

@Fraxlin 

Did you even solved this issue ? I recently replaced my M5 for X75 and having the same issue

Options
3 weeks ago

@Fraxlin 

Did tou even solved this issue ? Recently is replaced my M5 for XE75 and having the same issue

Options
3 weeks ago

Fraxlin wrote

Hi,

since a couple of days I've upgraded my old mesh system (M5 and M9 Plus) with the new XE75 decos. Everything is working just fine, but this morning I got a message I never got before: "Deco has temporarily switched your Wi-Fi channel width to 80 MHz due to detected radar signals. It will automatically switch back to 160 MHz when idle at night (2AM-5AM). You can disable the auto switch."

Intrigued by this message, I clicked the auto switch link contained in this message, thinking the app would show me a window with this "auto switch thing" options, instead it directly disabled the feature without any confirmation screen. I was searching in the app a place to re-enable it, but I couldn't find it. So I re-selected in the WiFi options the 160Mhz for the 5Ghz band, but I don't want to force it if there are radar signals that could interfere with it, and I like the idea that the Deco system would automatically take care of it by switching back and forth between 160Mhz and 80Mhz on its own.

Do you know how can I re-enable this feature? Or check if it is enabled or not?

Thanks

Did tou even solved this issue ? Recently is replaced my M5 for XE75 and having the same issue

Options
3 weeks ago

@jdehaan  Yes, the behaviour is exactly as described in the "Recommened Solution" post

Options