Archer AX3000 Terrible Upload Speeds after 1.0.6 Firmware Update

2023-12-17 04:10:12 - last edited 2023-12-17 05:42:24
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20230831

I've noticed since upgrading my firmware (maybe a month ago?) that I have had absolutely atrocious upload speeds. I'm talking like 0.5 mbps. Let me preface by saying I work in IT, and I have already done all the basics like rebooting, replaced ethernet cables, etc... My DOWNLOAD speeds are fine, so please don't mention that.

I reached out to my ISP and after some tests they said that they are sending me the speeds I pay for, so they concluded it was my hardware. I use my own router and modem (Netgear CM1000v2); according to my modem all firmware updates from the modem are pushed by the ISP.

I pay for 1200mbps down, and up to 200mbps up. I know those are not guaranteed but I have had this issue for weeks now, so I think it may be the firmware update. I have done a speed test from multiple devices, including some connected by ethernet, and it is always the same: great download, terrible upload. I ran a speed test from the Tether app and it was also the same, so I know it's not device specific.

Is there a way to revert my router to the previous firmware> I tried looking on the TP site but I don't think I can. i was getting 40-50mbps consistently before the update and now I can't even use my camera in meetings or do anything that requires upload. It's terrible. Not using a VPN or any port forwarding/static IPs if that matters. Please help. My last resort is to reset to factory defaults but idk if that will fix it

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX3000 Terrible Upload Speeds after 1.0.6 Firmware Update
2023-12-18 09:06:50

@Pmintz 

Hi, currently the AX3000 router is connected to your own modem router Netgear CM1000v2, right?

If you connect the same computer to your own modem router directly, is the upload speed normal? If it is normal speed this way, you could download previous 1.0.5 firmware from our website and try installing it manually to see if it solves the problem:

Firmware Download for Archer AX3000 V1

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-20 04:47:58

@Sunshine So I disconnected my modem for about 20 minutes, then connected directly to my desktop and powered it back on. Getting horrible uploads without the router. So it's either the ISP or the modem. Looks like my modem only supports up to 1Gbps and I am getting 1.2. Ironic since Comcast literally upgraded me for free.

Thanks for the help.

Options
2023-12-20 09:59:03

@Pmintz 

This is noted, thanks for the update, you could contact your ISP to check the line and the modem first. If you have any question about the TP-Link router, please let us know.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 3

Related Articles