Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

This Article applied to:

Deco XE5300/XE75/XE75 Pro_V2

Firmware Download Link:

Deco XE5300/XE75_V2 1.2.4_build20231221
Deco XE75 Pro_V2 1.2.8_build20231221

Update Advice:

1. It would be more effective for a mesh network with more than three Deco XE3500/XE75/XE75 Pro_V2, and over 40 connected clients.
2. How to update the firmware via web UI.

3. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding.

Modifications and Improvement: 

1. Improved the overall Deco App experience, especially with the following reported phenomenon:

• Satellite Deco units are solid green while Deco APP reported offline.
  • Certain connected clients don't show up on the Online Client List or the displayed count of connected clients is inaccurate.
  • When opening the Deco App, it takes quite a while to respond or update the network status.

2. Optimized web upgrade efficiency.

Please feel free to comment below how much this firmware has improved your network.

Options
30 Reply
Re:Optimize The Overall App Experience on Deco XE5300/XE75/XE75 Pro
2023-12-26 18:32:01

@David-TP is this different than the 1.2.8 20230901 available on my XE 75?

Options
2023-12-27 01:58:10

@edumorlom 

Hi, yes, and it is for Deco XE75 Pro V2.

Options
2023-12-28 00:23:53

@David-TP Hi David,

Big TP-Link product fan and network engineer here.

I'll give you a brief rundown of my frustrating experience with these XE75 Pro Deco's and maybe you can shed some light on all of the other issues I am having.

According to your description of this beta I think this software update in particular may solve somewhat of the issues I have been having with the app and not being able to connect to the deco network as almost every time if I minimise the deco app and swap back to the deco app it will say unable to connect (offline) which is SO irritating. It is quicker to close the deco app and re-load it from scratch. I will try the beta and I'll update you as I go with this new firmware.

Second major issue I am having is NordVPN connection to the Deco network runs at 15-20mbps. Why? I have factory reset them 3 times and re-input the settings and still to no avail. I boot up my old router the AX11000 to check the same NordVPN connection (From which I have copied the settings VERBATIM to the DECO) and the same UDP connection achieves circa 275mbps. The deco can not seem to get past more than a measly 20mbps for VPN client connected devices with a clear indication of a software or hardware level error pointing to these XE75 Pro mesh network devices somewhere. (By the way we are on a gigabit symmetrical connection).

Third major issue I am having is with client hand-off between Deco access points.

The clients current connected Deco WILL NOT hand off the client to the closest AP unless the client has previously connected to that AP before. What I am saying is, I have to manually walk around the house with each phone, tablet or otherwise and disable Wi-Fi and re-enable Wi-Fi whilst stood immediately next to each and every AP. Once every device has been individually connected to each AP for the first time then the fast-roaming feature will work where device roaming is seamless. SO ANNOYING!

The fourth major issue I am having is the lack of web based interface. If I need to change any settings the App is useless because of f**king relentless messages stating disconnections, unable to connects and errors of which any ethernet connected PC would be able to avoid. Not having a fully featured web based interface that I can access with the device IP unlike almost all of your other products is just lazy in my opinion. Changing Wi-Fi settings with a client connected to the same Wi-Fi only adds to the sheer frustration of owning this Deco product.

Fifth major issue I am having is the constant jittery-ness of the IoT network. Devices can be immediately next to the Deco nodes yet the constant stuttering when playing music on google speakers is something that I can only isolate to the poor design of these access points. Yet again I am able to isolate the issue to this XE75 Pro as during my troubleshooting I swapped my network back to the AX11000 router and RE700x Access points from which the settings to the Deco were applied verbatim and the issues were solved.

Sixth issue which is just an annoyance is the cost for basic firewall features which are included in every other router I have owned from TP-Link. Yes HomeShield and HomeCare are two different things but would it have killed you to offer the same free TrendMicro antivirus site scanner that is included on my Archer AX11000? Not only do I have to pay £370 for the privilage of testing your beta software I also have to pay £34.99 on top per year for features that I previously had for free.

I am majorly unimpressed so far with the severely crippled capability of this product where the purchase of which was driven sheerly by the lack of urgency in incorperating EasyMesh with ethernet backhaul into your most expensive consumer router just a couple of weeks ago (My Ax11000) If the issues are not fixed imminently I will be sending these back with my already agreed RMA with Amazon.

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
2023-12-28 18:32:51

@David-TP

Hi David.

New updates today after the beta firmware install.

App is slightly better. Still having the "Can't find Deco" error message but this time when I click try again it will find them as oposed to having to exit the app and re-open the app.

New issue I'm having is the random disconnections on my 2nd and 3rd nodes which are hardwired for ethernet backhaul.

The 2nd node will go down and the 3rd node is hardwired via ethernet to the 2nd node. I didn't choose to do it this way it was the lack of support for network switches that work with Deco that forced me to remove my redundancy link aggregation that I already had in place.

I have had 4 total disconnections where devices connected to anything but the main mesh node will experience loss of internet and intranet.

Ruling out issues with my ISP because devices can no longer access local clients on my network.

This is the final straw and I am accepting the RMA from Amazon.

Why push a product out with serious issues like this and then deal with them afterwards. It has made me completely lose confidence in TP-Link! It's not even a new product! Disgusted tbh

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
2023-12-29 09:03:34

@David-TP 

Attempting to update via the web interface results in a "Operation succeeded." message, but nothing else. No reboot or actual upgrade happened. Looking through the forums, it appears to be a rampant issue with the web firmware upgrade interface, possibly related to having multiple Decos in the network. All are XE75 Pro units in my case.

Do you know of any confirmed workarounds ?

In the future it might be good add a reliable beta feed / manual firmware upgrade capability from within the Deco app itself.

Options
2023-12-29 18:12:16 - last edited 2023-12-29 18:54:03

@David-TP 

I have 4 Deco XE75 v2 all using ethernet backhaul and decided to try out for the beta firmware 1.2.4 based on the modifications and imporovement listed in your post:

1. Improved the overall Deco App experience, especially with the following reported phenomenon:

• Satellite Deco units are solid green while Deco APP reported offline.
  • Certain connected clients don't show up on the Online Client List or the displayed count of connected clients is inaccurate.
  • When opening the Deco App, it takes quite a while to respond or update the network status.

Prior to the upgrade to 1.2.4 beta firmware, i was on the latest offical firmware of 1.2.3.  While each firmware iteration has improved the Deco app experience, I was still experiencing with all 3 reported phenomenon listed above.

Therefore, now with 1.2.4 beta firmware, I hope that the phenomenon can be greatly reduced.

I updated the firmware via the web UI interface using hardwired and it was painless and flawless, no issues.

After the upgrade, i did notice that the #3 bullet point was improved. Before when I open the Deco app, it would take 10-15 seconds to update the network status. Now it is down to about 2-5 seconds. 

#2 bullet point seem to be working ok as well as previously some of my connected clients did not show up on the online client list or the list of connected clients are incorrect. This seems to be addressed as well.

I can't speak for #1 just yet as I 've just updated to the beta firmware and been running for 2 hours but will report back if I see any issues.

So far, there are no issues that i can see with all of my wifi or ethernet connected devices. All seems to be connected ok.  All 4 of my Decos are hardwired and i have about 65 connected.

WIth that said, when will firmware 1.2.4 be made official? 

What if I need to downgrade to the previous official firmware? I assume i can just use the WebUI to downgrade again? Since 1.2.4 back to 1.2.3 was not considered a major upgrade?

Finally, will Deco XE75 support total download/upload data usage per device on a daily, weekly, monthly table in the future Deco app? Or at least a way of seeing how much I've used the data on a weekly/monthly basis for my network as well as per device?

Thanks,

therealphil8

Options
2023-12-29 23:11:45

@David-TP  "No network connection" message displayed despite being able to connect to the Internet and having full WiFi signal as indicated in the top right corner. The hilarity of these beta devices continues... if it wasn't £379 for these then I might even be able to laugh about how bad they are.

Options
2024-01-02 02:11:58

@Dokterd0k 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Have you tried to temporarily unplug the 2 satellite Deco XE75 Pro_V2 and leave the main Deco only and upload the bin file again to see whether it would make any difference?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-01-02 03:33:48

@therealphil8 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

The beta fix will be made official after the reported issues here have been further improved.

And you are right it could revert to the official 1.2.3 via the web interface directly.

As for the feedback about the weekly/monthly reports, it is planned to provide more details about the data usage.

Best regards.

Options
2024-01-02 03:44:02

@ZakCT 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

The "network optimization" error is actually due to the Deco APP, not the software of specific Deco.

It will be fixed soon via an APP upgrade later.

Are you installing the Deco APP on an Android phone? If yes, there is a beta APP that would help with this issue.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 4487

Replies: 30

Related Articles