Tapo H200 not connecting to my router (ethernet connection not successful)

2023-12-28 22:23:04 - last edited 2024-01-12 07:42:56
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a situation, I just bought a Tapo H200 hub and I tried cabling it to my router but it's not detected.

I have followed every steps I could find on the forum regarding similar issues but couldn't get it to work properly.

When powered up, the LED is blinking red, then turns solid red for a few seconds and then is blinking red and green (so it's in "ready to setup" mode apparently), but never turns amber.

I tried checking on my router GUI, trying disabling the Firewall, trying different cables, resetting it several times, trying different ports, but it seems to really be a problem with the hub itself. (or a very well hidden setting in the box).

The box is a Salt Fiber X6 box, so I don't know about any potential compatibility issue it might have but I really have no clue now what to do next.

Also, the app is updated. And I tried on different devices as well (an iPhone and an iPad), but yeah, the problem shouldn't even be that as it fails to connect to the router in the first place.

Any suggestions ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo H200 not connecting to my router (ethernet connection not successful)-Solution
2024-01-12 07:42:39 - last edited 2024-01-12 07:42:56

@Hadi11 

The testing results do tell me there is a hardware issue with this H200, like its ethernet port. Warranty is needed in this case.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo H200 not connecting to my router (ethernet connection not successful)
2024-01-10 06:51:59

@Hadi11 

Do you have any other wired devices, like a PC? Please check whether they can connect to the internet successfully when using the ethernet connection. 

Note: Make sure you have disable the WiFi on the tested device before the testing.

If the wired device works properly, then replace it with the H200, see how it works on the H200. You can open the client list of the router and observe whether new devices appear in the list when the H200 is connected. It would be better if the router could display the connection status of the ethernet port.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo H200 not connecting to my router (ethernet connection not successful)
2024-01-10 08:38:25

@Wayne-TP Hi, thank you for your reply.

Basically all my stuff are wired as I need quite a bandwidth for my job (I'm a DC engineer).

I did all the tests and tried all the ports, interchanged all the wired devices, tried different cables, and the H200 still is not detected by the router (I've connected to the web client etc, I can't see any mac addresses that I don't know/have before).

The port is down when the H200 is connected but up when my PC is connected for example. 

I think at this point I might have received a defective hub. I'll try returning it and try again.

Thanks.

Options
Re:Tapo H200 not connecting to my router (ethernet connection not successful)-Solution
2024-01-12 07:42:39 - last edited 2024-01-12 07:42:56

@Hadi11 

The testing results do tell me there is a hardware issue with this H200, like its ethernet port. Warranty is needed in this case.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 3

Related Articles