P110M not recording energy usage

2024-01-03 13:36:57 - last edited Tuesday
Model: Tapo P110M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 231009 Rel. 155719

I have 3x P110M smart plugs. Purchased from Amazon UK 22nd November 2023. Since install none of the smart plugs have reported energy usage history in the Tapo app. They show the Current Power but the Energy Usage never changes from <0.001kWh and Runtime stays at 0h. I have run them for weeks now without any data. I have tried resetting 2 of them by holding the button down for 10 seconds after I read this was a fix in another forum post, but this has not resolved the issue. I have deleted all the energy data on one of the reset units to see if that would kick it into action but that has not resolved it either.

The resolution if the reset does not work seems to be to return these plugs for a replacement but as they're so new I am expecting Amazon just to ship me another 3 of v1.0 and they have the same problem. I'm hoping there is something else to try. 

I notice the firmware (which it says is up to date) states it is 1.1.0 but a TP-Link articule about Energy monitor on P110 says the latest firmware is at least 1.6. These are the Matter plugs (P110M) so I understand the firmware version might be differnt for those but I wanted to point this out.

Options
2 Reply
Re:P110M not recording energy usage
2024-01-04 09:14:53

I wouldn't bother in 6 months they will have gone faulty anyway, if the relay is the same as the P110/P100 .

Options
Re:P110M not recording energy usage
2024-03-26 10:31:29 - last edited 2024-03-26 10:32:35

I have got 1 of the plugs to show usage data (the other two are not in use right now).

As another article said you just have to reset it to defaults. This didn't work the first time for me on multiple different P110M's but I tried a couple of more times and it did. I suspect if the power goes off it'll lose the functionality again (which is really really poor TP-Link!) but for now it is working.

For others with the issue basically plug it in, apply power, reset to defaults and re-add to the app. If that doesn't work reset to defaults and try again.

Eventually is should start, but note it does take 30+ mins to actually show any usage history/trend, so every time you reset it you'll want to wait some time to see if that has resolved the issue for you. It does show live usage immediately, but this always worked even when it was failing to record that data and show you a history of usage. This resetting is about finally getting the historical data recorded and displayed in the app. HTH

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 2

Related Articles