Deco S7 - Issues with selecting nearby device and future firmware plans?

2024-01-03 19:13:07 - last edited 2024-01-03 19:14:25
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20230406 Rel. 830

Hi.

I recently purchased a 3-pack of Deco S7 v1.0 and configured it in Wi-Fi Router mode to replace my previous router, aiming for a seamless mesh network experience at home. However, I've noticed that the Deco S7 seems to lack certain functionalities and feels a bit "unfinished."

I encountered an issue where the LED on all Deco devices was blinking red, even though they were online. After some troubleshooting and searching, I found a beta firmware fix that solved this problem.

Now, I am facing an issue with my Tapo C220 cameras connecting to Deco devices that are not the closest. It seems they connect to random devices rather than selecting the nearest one. This issue extends to other IoT devices, leading me to question whether the problem lies with the Deco devices rather than the connected devices themselves. I've found similar posts from other users discussing and requesting a function to select which Deco each device can use. It's my understanding that this feature is already available on some TP-Link solutions, and a TP-Link representative mentioned that additional functionalities, including this one, would be introduced in the future for Deco S7.

I'm curious to know when the Deco S7 will receive updates with additional features, and if there are plans to allow configurations through a web UI. Additionally, are there any new beta firmware versions beyond 1.4.1 Build 20230406 Rel. 830? I've noticed several discussions on these topics over the last few years. I love the concept of Deco, but we really need more functionality, especially when it's set in Wi-Fi Router mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 287

Replies: 0

Related Articles