Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This Article Applied to

Deco S7_V1/V1.2

Firmware Modifications

1. Support for customizing signal sources of Satellite Decos and mobile clients.
2. Support for Reboot Schedule.
3. Support for NO-IP and DynDNS.
4. Support for WPA3.
5. Support for setting Effective Time and Bandwidth Limits for the Guest Network.
6. Support Device Isolation.
7. Added Smart DHCP switch under Access Point mode.
8. Added connection type of V6 Plus.
9. Added the Static Route Function.
10. Added the ability to customize the MTU.
11. Added IOT Network Function.

Notes!
1. The firmware downgrade needs to be implemented via firmware recovery and it can't be rolled to 1.4.5 directly via web UI.

2. Please make sure the Deco APP is up-to-date.
3. Some features might not be available when there are other models in the Mesh network.

Download Link:

The 1.5.0 version is currently in the early stages of the release process. Only some users have received the firmware push notification in the Deco APP.

If specific new features are urgent for you, we recommend manually updating the firmware through the web UI.

>>How to manually update the firmware

Deco S7_V1/V1.2 1.5.0 Build 20240329

***The 1.7.0 Platform  

Understand the Differences Among Deco Firmware Platforms

Please feel free to comment below with any feedback!

Options
31 Reply
Re:Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More
3 weeks ago

@David-TP Hello, can this firmware update be applied to any Deco S7 from any location? EU or US?

Options
3 weeks ago

@LucasAraujo 

Hi, yes, the EU and the US shared the same download link. When updating the firmware, Deco will automatically abstract the correct bin file that matches the current region code.

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP Deco S7 is getting WPA3, but no news on M4...

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP My Wi-Fi network no longer works correctly after the update that occurred yesterday. The equipment connected via cable appears to be working normally.

Options
2 weeks ago

@FDANTAS 

Hi, can you share more details about "My Wi-Fi network no longer works correctly after the update that occurred yesterday"?

Are all the Wi-Fi devices affected? If just some of the Wi-Fi devices, what are their model numbers?

"no longer works", do you mean "connected but no internet" or unable to connect to the WiFi at all?

And how are the Deco S7 connected, via WiFi Backhaul, or Ethernet Backhaul?

---can I have the following screenshots on the Deco APP?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

I have similar problem as  @fdantas . My wifi shows fully connected and all the devices are connected, not dropping out, but there is no or little internet connectivity. 

Devices are 3 Deco S7, Version 1.20. One designated as Main in the Living Room connected with an ethernet cable, CAT 5e (still Deco app is giving me Abornamal WAN port speed error), while the other two are connected to the Main in master bedroom and office. Working seamlessly since last year Nov 2023 when I bought them and installed in my house. Since last night, devices are connected, but internet connectivity is low. The wifi takes me to google page and then it stops there and keeps loading the page, with no success. I checked my main ISP router and everything works fine.

Not sure what has gone wrong with the upgrade if there is a setting which got changed or started conflicting with the upgrade. Can you help to resolve?

Best Regards,

GA

Options
a week ago

@G_Arora In my case, I verified through a “tracert” that the routes of some sites that didn't work used IPv6. So I disabled IPv6 on the main router and my internet returned to normal.

Options
Thursday

@David-TP 

Hello

After I updated to this version, IPv6 stopped working. When I contacted Tp-link Turkey, they said they would report the problem to the headquarters. However, IPv6 does not work in this version, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Options
Thursday - last edited Thursday

@David-TP 

I've got a pop-up on my smartphone asking me to update to this new firmware version. After updating it, I started having connection problems and realized that the IPv6 was not working properly. Since then, I have had to keep IPv6 disabled; otherwise, I cannot connect to the internet.

Is there a planned fix to be released soon? If not, how do I downgrade to the previous version of the firmware?

Options
Friday

@Kutay 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know your Internet service provider? What is your IPV6 internet connection, Dynamic IP, PPPOE or something else?

I noticed you have rolled back 1.4.1. Did IPV6 start working again on the 1.4.1?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options