Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

116 Reply
Re:Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550
2024-02-14 14:46:57

@Sunshine hi, en español... he comprado hace un mes el MR500 y tengo problemas de desconexiones frecuentes de internet. Anteriormente he usado un MR100 durante un año y sin problemas. Lo uso en un entorno rural con una excelente conexion 4G/4G+ y 5G (B3/20/28). He probado todas las opciones posibles de la interfaz WAN, APN dial up, firmwares,s oficiales y betas y reicinos automaticos diarios. Red powerline TL-WPA4220 y camaras TAPO.

Pero sigo teniendo desconexiones habituales de internet.

La SIM funciona perfectamente con el MR100 y telefono movil s23 ultra / S10+. 

ISP Orange España.

IP 10.96.87.43

DNS 86.104.186.208 //// 86.104.186.209 

PD.. por favor no me pida capturas de pantalla/registro del sistema.

Producto poco confiable

Saludos

Options
2024-02-17 14:20:10 - last edited 2024-02-17 14:23:28

@Sunshine 

Dear All, I have the same issue and also, by checking the label on the router, I see it's an Archer MR550(EU) Ver: 1.0 while, checking the device "Advanced > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade" I see, on the Hardware version field, it's an Archer MR500 v1.0 00000003!!! How is it possible???? o_O 

Anyway I upgraded the firmware by using the Archer_MR550(EU)v1.0_1.5.0_0.9.1_[230828-rel67674]_up_boot_2023-08-30_11.09.10.bin file but it seems nothing happen, the problem is still there.

Thanks for any possible support.

Kind regards,

Dario

Options
2024-02-17 14:48:13

@Sunshine 

Hello, today I had a disconnection problem with the MR500 when I requested a high level of traffic (windows update and other simultaneous links). The question is whether it is a problem with the equipment or the ISP operator. Does not resolve DNS. After restarting everything correct. beta firmware. Greetings
Options
2024-02-22 17:52:49

@Sunshine 

Hello again. My Archer MR500 is disconnected from the mobile network today. I live on another island so I can only access it through the Tether app. I have asked a neighbor in the area with the same operator (ISP Orange Spain) and that there are no coverage problems. Waiting for it to be 3:00 a.m. for the automatic restart. I was viewing the Tapo surveillance cameras in the morning and in the afternoon I lost connection. Best regards.

Options
2024-02-23 01:21:46

Osmosphere wrote

@Sunshine 
Now running over a week with Beta 1.7.0 0.9.1 Firmware without a problem. Cross fingers ;-).
I did not change settings (automatic band selection, 4G preferred)

Greetings Olivier

@Osmosphere 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that the beta firmware helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-23 01:23:38 - last edited 2024-02-23 01:29:14

@ekran0plan @Skugnizzo 

If the problem still exists after installing the beta firmware, please provide the following information, we could escalate the case to our senior engineer for further debugging:

1. When the issue happens again, please login the web interface, share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page.

2. When the issue happens again, please go to Advanced->System Tools->System Log page and save a log file(don't restart the router, or previous logs will be cleared)

3. Detailed description of the issue and let us know how often it happens.

4. Who is the ISP, will the same SIM card work fine and stable on other 4G devices?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-23 01:25:02

@xianrenzhang 

Did you try the beta firmware provided in the original post of this thread? If the problem still exists after installing the beta firmware,  please provide the following information, we could escalate the case to our senior engineer for further debugging:

1. When the issue happens again, please login the web interface, share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page.

2. When the issue happens again, please go to Advanced->System Tools->System Log page and save a log file(don't restart the router, or previous logs will be cleared)

Options
2024-02-23 01:26:58

@Fatals 

Fatals wrote

@Sunshine 

Thanks for this beta firmware. So far it has proved quite stable for me connected to Vodafone UK  4G+.

There is one issue with this firmware which is that it seems to be missing the link for Speed Test in the GUI. I can still initiate a test from the Tether app, but Is there a URL I can use to test the connection speed directly?

Thanks

Glad to hear that the beta firmware helps, for the speedtest, it is recommended to use Speedtest by Ookla

Options
2024-02-23 01:31:10

@acerfly 

acerfly wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello, today I had a disconnection problem with the MR500 when I requested a high level of traffic (windows update and other simultaneous links). The question is whether it is a problem with the equipment or the ISP operator. Does not resolve DNS. After restarting everything correct. beta firmware. Greetings

If possible, please test the same SIM card on other 4G devices for comparison, if the issue only happens with the MR500 and still the same by using the beta firmware, please provide the following information, we could escalate the case to our senior engineer for further debugging:

Options
2024-03-12 11:06:37

@Sunshine When can we assume a new firmware to solve this problem will be released from TP-Link?

Options
Related Articles