Votes

Is there any way to manually activate the alarm on CCTV caneras

Votes

2024-01-07 14:46:57 - last edited 2024-01-08 11:18:21

I have a number of CCTV cameras - two C320WS and one C310 and I would like the option to activate the alarm siren on one or all of the cameras manually.

I want this as I'd rather not have the alarm mode active all of the time as this could result in false alarm set offs (ie when postie delivers the mail)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is there any way to manually activate the alarm on CCTV caneras
2024-01-08 11:17:43 - last edited 2024-01-08 11:17:53

@Aussie_Pete 

Hi,
The Tapo camera does not support activating the alarm siren manually now, generally, when the Alarm feature is turned on, the camera will alarm when it detects an event.

Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request. While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Is there any way to manually activate the alarm on CCTV caneras
2024-01-08 11:28:17

@Solla-topee Thanks for the update. I do think it would be a good feature, especially if you can activate multiple camera alarms at one time. 

It makes the CCTV into an automated and manual alarm system 👍 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 170

Replies: 2

Voters 1