DECO BE85 (22000) Dropping both LAN and Wifi

2024-01-10 20:11:24
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

Hey everyone,

I'm reaching out because I've been having a major headache with my internet connection lately. Both my LAN and WiFi connections keep dropping intermittently, which is driving me crazy!

Here's what's happening:

• WiFi and LAN drop like flies: The connection just randomly cuts out for a few seconds or even minutes, then reconnects on its own. It's happening on all my devices, so it's definitely not a single device issue.
  • Web browsing becomes a chore: Pages take forever to load, or they just stall halfway through. I have to constantly refresh the page just to see the full content.
  • Streaming nightmare: I can be happily watching a movie or show, and then BAM! The internet cuts out, the WiFi signal disappears, and my device yells at me about no internet connection.

It's super frustrating, especially when I'm trying to work, relax, or just enjoy some entertainment. I've tried the usual troubleshooting steps like restarting my router and modem, checking for firmware updates, and even relocating my router, but nothing seems to work.

I'm using the device in router mode and don't believe its an ISP issue as my speeds are (1000/50Mbps) and it wasn't happening on my previous router/gear...

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? I'm hoping someone might have some insights or suggestions for fixing this maddening internet gremlin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Options
6 Reply
Re:DECO BE85 (22000) Dropping both LAN and Wifi
2024-01-11 10:06:19

@SearleTEK 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know how many online clients that are connected to Deco BE85?

Can you give me some model numbers of the devices that dropped out a lot?

How about the dropping frequency of these devices? Or were you able to reproduce this issue in a short time?

In the meantime, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you can receive my email later.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-06 23:25:54

@David-TP I'm having the same issues too all dives are connected and I only have 15 devices connected yet the connection from my modem to the deco drop every other hour and sometimes every 20mins. What's going on

Options
2024-02-06 23:36:27
Beamforming turned on perhaps?
Options
2024-02-07 01:00:58

@Joe24 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Have you noticed whether the Deco BE85 turned red during the disconnection?

May I know who is your internet service? Is the internet connection type, Dynamic IP or PPPOE?

Are you able to check whether the internet service provider still has a stable connection? 

Please also replace the cable between the modem and BE85 with a new one in case there is something wrong with the cable.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-02-07 01:25:47
I tried it turned off and on made no diffrence
Options
2024-04-08 19:54:50
I'm having the same issue. Its so annoying. It seems that all my 6 Deco BE85 routers keep restarting on their own multiple times a day. TP link must do something to fix this issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 6

Related Articles