tpPLC utility on macOS accepting a WPA device password for log-in only of 15 digits

tpPLC utility on macOS accepting a WPA device password for log-in only of 15 digits

2024-01-12 17:35:19 - last edited 2024-01-12 17:42:58
Model: TL-WPA7517 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1

Hi,

I downloaded the tpPLC utility for macOs. The attached file shows the situation I have. Everything seems to work. I managed to set the extender SSID and password to be the same as the router (using the utility).

The problem now is: Once I try to log-in to the WPA through the utility, I need a password/powerline key. The key is printed on the device and is 16 digits. However, the utility accepts as most as 15 digits! I cannot type 16 digits. I recall that it had worked before. What is the issue here?

The issue seems similar to this one https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/160897

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:tpPLC utility on macOS accepting a WPA device password for log-in only of 15 digits
2024-01-12 21:48:18 - last edited 2024-01-12 21:50:37

@somehome 

Hi,

The "Powerline Key" printed on the labels of the Powerline adapters can be used to add a new Powerline adapter to a Powerline network. But it can't be used for login.

The password for the login should be either "admin" or whatever password you have chosen the first time you logged into the device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 1

Related Articles