Votes

Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period

Votes

Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period

22 Reply
Re:Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period
2024-04-20 21:01:33
Hi, I think you might not be understanding the request. While the app has a way to create a schedule for "do not disturb", and this is helpful for some people, we are needing another feature for a "one time do not disturb period." In other words, if my kid randomly decides to play in the back yard for an hour, I want to hit the "privacy mode" button and have it come up with a screen asking how long I want to put it in privacy mode. The options could be like this: "10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, until tomorrow, until I turn it back on". Or even better, a Do Not Disturb button right on the main camera screen that does the same thing (asks you how long you want to turn on Do Not Disturb Mode). It would then turn on only for the time selected, and then turn off. This would be separate from a regular schedule. Thanks
Options
RE:Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period
2024-04-22 20:13:11
This is the only feature I need right now. I want to snooze notifications but still have everything recording and be able to view. Kids come home from school and start playing outside. I still want to be able to record and see what’s going on but I don’t need notifications for the next hour. I have blink as well and being able to snooze just notifications is critical. 1hr, 2hr, 4hr, 8hr and custom time frame. These events are unknown so I can schedule around them.
Options
2024-04-23 22:21:02

This is the biggest feature that I am missing coming from Ring.

To add to this, a quick snooze option under the notification will be great, this is supporrted for both IOS and Android that you can have a button to click on a notifications, which is how Ring works

Options
RE:Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period
2024-04-23 22:22:36
Ability to snooze individual or all cameras with one click with different time interval. The app's notifications should also have a quick options like 30minutes, 1 hour, 2 hour, or until turn back on upon receiving the notification. Just take a look at how Ring do this
Options
2024-04-28 23:19:15

@Summer_S please see the comments above, these are excellent suggestions that help explain the feature that your platform is missing and that people want. I like your cameras and the fact that I can use an SD card and not require a cloud service for them, but I will not be buying any more if this feature is not implemented. It's a huge hassle and annoyance when I start getting bombarded with notifications, which I then have to go turn on privacy mode, and then forget to manually turn it back off again, meaning sometimes I go several days with my camera not even recording because of that.

It's a simple feature to implement, please help us get this into your developer's backlog!

Options
2024-05-05 21:52:37
Yes that feature is available but then you must remember to switch it back. It also completely stops the camera from recording. A snooze feature would turn off notifications for a set period then resume. It would also keep recording.
Options
Friday - last edited Friday

Reminder to people  like @Summer_S  who seem to be ignoring the rest of the thread: Snoozing a *specific* camera is what pretty much everyone who comes to this page wants.  This sort of feature has been available for literally years from competitors whose products are significantly less advanced than tp-link (euffy comes to mind who limit their hardware to 128GB SD, still won't allow 24/7 2k recording on any cameras, but have featured a snooze function since at least 2020) so hopefully the software devs will add a snooze feature sooner rather than later as it really is a simple software change, until then, users can either mute *all* notifications from every single camera, ignore the notifications, or set up a schedule every time they just want a couple hours peace (which is a bit of an ask...)

Options
Friday

Since 6 months have passed and there doesn't seem to be any meaningful response/understanding/communication in terms of what users want, I think Tapo cameras can't be considered a viable option.

Yes, the hardware is good, but the software support/product management is sub-par compared to other vendors (Eufy being one of them).

I have other issues with the Tapo app and device firmware (broken DHCP implementation) that just aren't getting fixed.

Options
Saturday

@rct0 

Yeah, its not like we are asking for a completly inovating new feature. We are simply asking some feature that other camera has been providing in years. Like this one particular, Ring is doing that and I assume others as well.

Options
Saturday

Adding @Solla-topee for visibility on updates. Please see the above comments, we're hoping to get this feature request to the product owner so it's on the backlog in an upcoming sprint :) Please help be our advocate! This should be a slam dunk, it's using existing capability that is already coded in your app, just need to implement a slightly different way of calling the snooze function for "one time snooze notifications".

I really like the Tapo camera, but unfortunately it's become almost unused because when my kid is playing in the back yard at a random (unscheduled!!) time, it starts spamming notifications. I just want to hit a button "Snooze 60 minutes" or similar, and that's it. Instead, I turn on Privacy Mode to stop the barrage of notifications, and then end up forgetting for like a week, so the camera is off for a whole week, which makes it useless. I had bought one camera to test it out with the hopes that I'd buy 5 more to cover my entire property, but the lack of this one simple feature is literally the only thing preventing me from buying them. Please help! Thanks in advance.

@Solla-topee, I see that in many of the requested features in this forum are tagged as Implemented with your help in the thread, so hoping you can get some eyes on this one :)

Options

Voters 10

+ 6 Voters