Deco M4 - Stuck on flashing Yellow?

2024-01-29 13:24:37
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Had my devices (3) for a couple of years, no issues. Until recently.

I have one in the living room, one in each bedroom.

Main Bedroom device stopped working a few weeks ago, and has been flashing Yellow ever since.

Living room device now doing the same. Cannot get the device into pairing mode (flashing Blue).

I was using the M4 as a router, but I have now gone back to using the (FTTP) router that was supplied when the cable was fitted.

I have a physical lan cable from the router to the M4, but the router still cannot see it.

When I try to add the add the M4 (out of pairing mode), it initially says all is good, and then a split second later it flashes up that it cannot see Deco ( is the app using cached information?)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Stuck on flashing Yellow?
2024-01-29 13:25:36
Options
Re:Deco M4 - Stuck on flashing Yellow?
2024-01-30 06:30:04

@Nottelling 

Hi, When the APP reported "We couldn't find Deco" , did the LED revert to flashing yellow again?

I noticed you menitoned the Deco was added to the Deco APP when the LED is flashing yellow, not blue. I think it might cause the failure after setup.

Have you tried to reset it once before by holding the reset pinhole for 1s?

If yes, it is also suggested to refer to this link to run a firmware recovery on the Deco M4:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

If it couldn't get into firmware recovery mode, I think you might need to contact the local support office to check whether the Deco is still under warranty service.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 2

Related Articles