IoT Network - Deco XE75 - Unstable

IoT Network - Deco XE75 - Unstable

14 Reply
Re:IoT Network - Deco XE75 - Unstable
2024-02-06 00:58:06

@MattPorter I haven't turned any IoT devices off when testing although most are off already and the rest, as you say, should be passive. 

Amazon has the XE200's in pairs for $599 CAD + 13% tax and I'll need 4. Ouch !

Anyone wanna buy some XE75's...? I'll make you a deal !

~~~~~~~~~ Yo!Adrian Toronto
Options
2024-02-06 01:47:06

@yo_adrian_eh I suggest trying one pair of XE200s at first. You can actually pair your XE75s with them - which would ideally minimise your issues.  Use one of the XE200s as your router (add it to the existing network, then promote it to "Main").  If you can get wired backhaul to the other XE200, that could be a good solution.

In that scenario, the XE75s are relatively "dumb" devices, somewhat offsetting the lower CPU and RAM specs.  Use them to expand the range of your wireless backhaul.

You may also find you need fewer XE200 units than XE75s, as the coverage and range are somewhat better.

Good luck!

Options
2024-02-21 05:42:45 - last edited 2024-02-21 05:43:06

@yo_adrian_eh 

I have noticed it is a bad firmware problem.  This issue affects all 2.4G channel, Guest, Normal, or IOT.  I have 4 Deco XE75, initially it was okay; after some firmware upgrades ... it started going down hill.

I have issues, connecting to 2.4Ghz WLAN be it, dedicated Guest, IOT, or normal wlan.  5Ghz and 6Ghz works just fine.  Only the 2.4Ghz is a nightmare ... it is worse if you are using legacy 2.4Ghz smart home devices ... when they get disconnected reconnecting them is a pain, and getting to stay connected is another.

Changing any advance wireless setting like Beamforming (enabling or disabling), Fast Roaming (enabling or Disabling), OFDMA/MU-Mimo (enabling or disabling); renders the clients unable to connect if they previously connected using another combination.  For example, if you added a device with your setting as - Fast Roaming - Off, Beamforming on, OFDMA/Mu-mimo on; and you changed that by turning off beamforming for  example - those clients no longer is able to connect - and you will need to do a hard reset by deleting the device from your smart home app, and adding as new using your new configurations.  And some devices are not so finicky; thus you are trouble-shooting - it be a nightmare.  Because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  

To illustrate a point - I use an iphone 15 pro max to connect to the IOT wlan, and sometimes I get internet connection, and sometimes it doesn't; and sometimes I stay connected for a few minutes and it hangs, and sometimes I can't even connect to it despite entering the correct password.  Now at this point, I haven't even launch my smart home app to try to add devices.  Imagine if I managed to add one, then next 20 minutes later I can no longer access the device from my home app, or voice assistants.  TPlink really needs to fix this issues.  Returning the device is not an option, I had them for 1 year now - these things are NOT cheap.

Options
2024-02-23 00:13:39

@Amberglow Yes, I had to revert the 1.2.5 firmware because the 2.4Ghz network basically, completely stopped working. All the same issues that have been discussed here.

Rolling back to 1.2.3 restored my network back to a working state. I'm not touching 1.2.5 ever again. We'll see what happens when they roll the next update, but for now the stability on my network is back to normal, which is to say good, with 1.2.3.

Options
Related Articles