Two or more wired units in mesh system

2024-02-04 08:12:37 - last edited 2024-02-05 03:09:24

I have mesh of three xe75. One of the the satellites is located near the house intake for the fiber intake. From here a wire runs to the main who is situated at the second floor (middle of the house). 
My question is, can I wire the satellite to get better coverage? So: can two units be wired directly from the source? 
The connection from main to this satalite is so so, and the satellite is located where internet speed is most important, home office, children's gaming room. 

Would be like having two mains I guess. 

If.possible, how do I do it? Plug and play?

If it is possible

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Two or more wired units in mesh system-Solution
2024-02-04 09:18:59 - last edited 2024-02-05 03:09:24

Swap the satellite with the main. Connect the wire from one of the remaining ethernet ports (on the main now in the satellite location) to the satellite that is now on the 2nd floor middle of the house.

Since the main router is now located near the fiber intake as you call it connect that to the relocated main directly...

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Two or more wired units in mesh system-Solution
2024-02-04 09:18:59 - last edited 2024-02-05 03:09:24

Swap the satellite with the main. Connect the wire from one of the remaining ethernet ports (on the main now in the satellite location) to the satellite that is now on the 2nd floor middle of the house.

Since the main router is now located near the fiber intake as you call it connect that to the relocated main directly...

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Two or more wired units in mesh system
2024-02-04 09:40:38
Thanks! (Should have thought of that) Solution works, however the third satilite now has bad connection, is this because it connects directly to the new main witch is far away doesn't use the previous main (was "in the middle of the house) as a bridge?
Options
Re:Two or more wired units in mesh system
2024-02-04 09:51:29
Never mind, system now connect the third satilite through the old main and all seem to work fine. Thanks again
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 3

Related Articles