[AUSTRALIA] X73-DSL - Switching from FTTN to FTTP

2024-02-12 02:35:33 - last edited 2024-02-12 03:11:19
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20230720 Rel. 51373

Hi there. 

I have an opportunity to upgrade from FTTN to FTTP with my current provider and I have a question about whether or not I can continue to use my current X73-DSL router. 

Am I correct in my assumption in that all I will need to do is remove the RJ11 telephone cable from the DSL Port that's associated with my FTTN connection, replace it with a Cat6 RJ45 cable which will run from the newly installed Fibre NTD UNI-D ports into one of the network ports on the back of the X73 and then go back into the app to change the set up so my router becomes a "Wireless Router Mode" device and it should still work [including the VOIP and any existing secondary DECO mesh access points]?

AX5400 VDSL Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Modem Router 3

Thank you in advance, 

Adz_P

Options
5 Reply
Re:[AUSTRALIA] X73-DSL - Switching from FTTN to FTTP
2024-02-13 07:48:58

@Adz_P 

Hi, yes, you are right. Rj45 port+ Wireless router mode.

For more details, you could also refer to NBN Network in Australia

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-06 05:24:34

@Adz_P Correct... I just did this yesterday, FttP now!

Options
2024-05-06 07:31:22

Awesome @LtdEd .. It was too easy in the end and I'm now enjoying 100mbps+ on FTTP! 

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I have just recently changed to FTTP and have the Deco X73 Modem and followed the steps of the original poster, however, I can't connect to the Internet.

Any tips on what might be wrong?

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @lamborghinisv 

In the DECO app, select the MORE icon at the bottom [on iOS at least] double check under the ADVANCED option that you're router is on Wi-Fi Router under OPERATION MODE .. then go back to the previous options and then select INTERNET CONNECTION from the list of options, when it brings up the IPv4 connection type click into the INTERNET CONNECTION TYPE and ensure that you have the correct protocol selected for your internet provider [eg Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP or DS-Lite]. Depending on the type you may also need to enter your username and password .. Save and ideally reboot your router. 

Best of luck. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 758

Replies: 9

Related Articles