X20 1.20 fw and ethernet backhaul.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-22 12:19:25 - last edited 2024-02-26 02:42:11
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.20

Just updated 2 x20 v4 to 1.20 ( main is v1 x20-4g)

My config is main, the 4g that is in the middle. That is connected to livingroom x20 (has better wifi link together. The livingroom is connected to garage x20 with lan. There are two tp-link basic switces between the long lan cable with a couple of devices.

This could also be issue with mobile app...

Now after 1.20 fw one of the basic x20 keeps disconnectin according to app and light in the deco is indicating the same, right after turning ethernet backhaul on. Main is near the garage, but wifi link is weak.

But actually even though the lan connected deco appears as missing, every device connected to it, with lan and wifi, are all online. App just shows that all of them are lan devices connected to the other x20 that still is visible. 

All was working fine with last fw before 1.20. and all works ok if not using backhaul.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:X20 1.20 fw and ethernet backhaul.-Solution
2024-02-23 19:21:12 - last edited 2024-02-26 02:42:11

@David-TP 

Those switches are both TL-SG105 and between the two x20 in lan connection. (x20-4g)-wlan-(x20 livingroom)-lan-(switch with ikea hub and rasperry pi 4)-lan-(switch with yale cctv system)-lan-(garage x20). 

garage x20 has thermia heatpump connected with lan and nice door opener and homewizard p1 connected with wlan.

If i turn on manual backhaul (auto backhaul off and just select a device) at livingroom deco, that goes missing and has red light. If garage, then that one is missing. Only way to get them back is to make a reset at the device itself and reconnect. And in both cases every client is still online, app just showes wifi clients as lan clients. Backhaul worked fine with last firmware with same config. So kinda weird that everything actually still works, just the decos are missing so backhaul kinda works.

I moved garage deco a bit lower behind the wall so it doesn't have wifi connection to main deco anymore (it had weak connection before and wanted still to use wifi, not lan.) Now it works the same as i wanted with forcing it to use lan between the two x20.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:X20 1.20 fw and ethernet backhaul.
2024-02-23 07:46:40

@LaurriJT 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can I have a picture of the network diagram/topology, such as

Deco X20-4G----<WiFi>---Living room Deco X20----<cable>--switch1----<switch2>----<cable>---Garage Deco X20+other wired devices

Can I have the model number of the two switches?

Is it always the garage room disconnected/offline on the Deco and flashing red? or randomly on both the living room and garage Deco X20?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:X20 1.20 fw and ethernet backhaul.-Solution
2024-02-23 19:21:12 - last edited 2024-02-26 02:42:11

@David-TP 

Those switches are both TL-SG105 and between the two x20 in lan connection. (x20-4g)-wlan-(x20 livingroom)-lan-(switch with ikea hub and rasperry pi 4)-lan-(switch with yale cctv system)-lan-(garage x20). 

garage x20 has thermia heatpump connected with lan and nice door opener and homewizard p1 connected with wlan.

If i turn on manual backhaul (auto backhaul off and just select a device) at livingroom deco, that goes missing and has red light. If garage, then that one is missing. Only way to get them back is to make a reset at the device itself and reconnect. And in both cases every client is still online, app just showes wifi clients as lan clients. Backhaul worked fine with last firmware with same config. So kinda weird that everything actually still works, just the decos are missing so backhaul kinda works.

I moved garage deco a bit lower behind the wall so it doesn't have wifi connection to main deco anymore (it had weak connection before and wanted still to use wifi, not lan.) Now it works the same as i wanted with forcing it to use lan between the two x20.

Recommended Solution
Options