TAPO RV30 PLUS mapping issue

2024-02-25 22:24:32
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

Hi,

I am having mapping issues with RV30 PLUS. After every full home cleaning, map is getting shifted or rotating. Is it possible to save a map and load again. 

example:

Options
5 Reply
Re:TAPO RV30 PLUS mapping issue
2024-02-27 06:51:49

@whiteface 

I understand that there is a new firmware coming soon that supports map backup and restore. If you are interested and wish to try it out early, you can send me your device Mac address via private message.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-27 07:18:45

@Wayne-TP 

i have sent the Mac address.

thank you 

Options
2024-02-28 09:48:21

@Wayne-TP 

did you add mac address?

Options
2 weeks ago

@whiteface 

@Wayne-TP 

I am also having this issue. The Robovac will not go to the requested rooms & the Map outline is the same but rooms/sections seem incorrect? What is the fix for this without having to re-map my home again? This is not a viable options especially if there are accessibility issues. 

I have already restarted the robovac & completed a "soft reset". 

Please advise ASAP. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Mikdust 

Was the room edited (divide/merge)? Did you test whether the room/zone cleaning functions properly?

It should be noted that if the robot vacuum has ever been entangled and caused idling, this may cause map update errors.

You may try to do a whole home cleaning to update the map and then back up the map. Map Backup & Restore feature is available on the latest firmware 1.2.1 for RV30 Plus. If you need to edit the room or add additional zones, make sure the area is edited/added correctly before backing up the map. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 5

Related Articles