Re:BE800 SFP 2.5G Mode
2024-04-18 09:36:16

@Marvin_S 

Netia S.A. Polish ISP.

Firmware Version:

1.1.1 Build 20240227 rel.33191(4555)

Hardware Version:

Archer BE800 v1.0

Yesterday I did a Factory reset and that seemed to fix it, my only worry is that it may happen again and I would need to keep resetting it. Not sure what was the problem before that.

Options
2024-04-18 10:23:02

@Frefo 

Thanks for your quick update!

It is suggested to keep an eye on its performance. Once the same issue happens again, we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up.

Options
2 weeks ago

On my side it only works 2.5Gbs if i unplug an replug the SFP AFTER it is fuly booted. Tried firmware debug or production in 1.1.1 or 1.1.6 same ... unplug / replug switch to 2.5Gbs. I have V1 hardware version. very frustrating I only baught this device for multi-gig support ...

Options
2 weeks ago

benoitm974 wrote

On my side it only works 2.5Gbs if i unplug an replug the SFP AFTER it is fuly booted. Tried firmware debug or production in 1.1.1 or 1.1.6 same ... unplug / replug switch to 2.5Gbs. I have V1 hardware version. very frustrating I only baught this device for multi-gig support ...

@benoitm974 Are you experiencing the same issue that the BE800 SFP+ port can only work at 1Gbps?

Could you please tell us the specific model of the switch or ONT that the BE800 is connected to?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z I own BE800 HW 1.0 (DE), I'm using GPON Huawei MA5671A SFP to connect to French ISP Bouygues. the SFP was tested with a media converter and works in 2.5Gb directly, yet on BE800 SFP port it start at 1Gbps. BUT once the BE800 is booted If I remove/re-insert the SFP module it switch to 2.5Gbps and performance are good, it is stable for at least 48h (not tested longer so far). I've tried with both debug and production firmware i get the same behavior.

Also using the debug firmware, after boot if i connect via telnet and just do a 'ifconfig eth1 down', then 'ifconfig eth1 up' then it switch to 2.5Gbps too.

I tried to change the option "Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting:" from auto to 2500 and reboot -> no difference found...

So far I tested firmware

BE800_V1_1.1.6_240808

BE800v1_1.1.6_240711_beta

BE800v1_1.1.1_240322_beta

BE800v1_1.99.97(1.1.1)_240417_userdebug

Options
2 weeks ago

@benoitm974 

Thank you so much for the detailed description of the speed issue you're experiencing.

BE800 now has received a new official firmware, and you may check for updates on your router web or via the Tether App. Or you may check this thread first to find out what has been modified in this version:

Archer BE800 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability

BTW, did you get the beta or debug software from our support engineers? If that's the case, I would suggest discussing it with them directly via email if there is still an issue after installing the latest official firmware on the device. I believe they will be happy to assist further.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Been using the latest Archer BE800_V1/V1.6_1.1.6_Build 240808 (Official Version) for 48h same issue cold start the SFP is 1Gps... You need to unplug and replug it for it to switch to 2.5Gps... very annoying.

I'm not in contact with engineering for the beta version but would love to help or test alternative beta for fixing this issue... in this state not getting 2.5Gbps at boot is a reason for me to return the product to amazon since i only bought it for using my 2Gb fiber line...

Options
a week ago

@benoitm974 

Thank you very much for the update.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
Related Articles