Archer MR500 factory firmware

2024-03-05 10:27:23
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 221229 Rel. 36465n

Hello! I have a Archer MR500 bought from a retailer which unfortunately has a custom firmware from Orange (RO). Where can one download the factory firmware so that one can flash it on this router? The custom firmware from Orange does not permit upgrades and we are stuck with those unstable LTE connection mentioned in other threads on this forum.

Before writing here I've wrote to Orange and the answer was that there are no available updates and they had no intention to develop one.

Thank you! Have a nice day!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer MR500 factory firmware
2024-03-06 08:20:07

@Minbari 

Hi, the problem is that the customized firmware cannot upgrade or downgrade to other EU version common firmware no matter it is factory firmware or not.

If the product was purchased not long ago, you may try to contact the retailer to see if it is possible to return it or exchange it with another one with common EU firmware.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer MR500 factory firmware
2024-03-06 14:14:40

@Sunshine 

Hello, and thank you for your quick answer. I know that the custom firmware cannot be upgraded/downgraded by the usual ways. I intend to perform the upgrade using a  CH341A programmer kit/RaspberryPi at hardware level (flash) and that's why I need the factory firmware. I already know that the chip is a EN25QH128A (cFeon 128mb FLASH IC SOP-8) which can be programed with flashrom. And if that method don't work I plan to desolder chip that has the custom firmware and solder one new written with the factory firmware (hopefully a good samaritan on this forum can provide one).

The product was a gift so I can't return it to the retailer. If the flash method works will be great and a product will be saved from going to waste, if not, I have nothing to lose, in the current state is of no use to me.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 2

Related Articles