Freeze and BSOD whenever I connect to Wi-Fi using my Archer T4E AC-1200

2024-03-11 13:09:25
Model: Archer T4E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I have recently decided to upgrade my older build and add an Archer T4E adapter to connect to Wi-Fi. I've moved places and I currently only have a hotspot so I cannot connect to my PC through LAN, only through Wi-Fi. I've also decided to install a fresh Windows.

After adding the chip, during Windows installation, at the menu where you can connect to Wi-Fi, if I try to immediately connect I get freeze and the installation gets corrupted. I figured I should wait until I can install the official driver and then try again, so I formatted my SSD and started all over, skipped this step, installed all other drivers (including Realtek LAN drivers) offline, and then also the TP-Link Archer driver. Still, whenever I try to connect to Wi-Fi, I get the freeze and BSOD.

The issue happens only after I login to my Wi-Fi and it starts connecting to the network; I have no problems while installing the chip or the drivers.

I wonder if it could be motherboard incompatibility as it's a relatively older one (I have a Gigabyte Ultra-Durable series B85M). Also I am not sure to what extent the lack of internet connection may be a culprit since I cannot install any Windows updates before connecting to Wi-fi, but I need the Wi-fi to work in order to update (talk about Paragraph 22..)

I'd be very thankful for any ideas or advice because at this point I've tried virtually everything that I'm aware of.

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:Freeze and BSOD whenever I connect to Wi-Fi using my Archer T4E AC-1200
2024-03-12 02:51:57

@AceVentura32 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is suggested to install the beta firmware here to see whether it helped or not:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/T4E.zip

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 1

Related Articles