Problems with Deco XE75

Problems with Deco XE75

Problems with Deco XE75
Problems with Deco XE75
2024-03-19 18:44:47
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2023122

I have a AX72 Pro running as my main router. I recently added the Deco XE75 in AP mode, and all seemed to work fine. I set them up next to the first one as it said to. But for some reaon the other 2 units are flashing red.

Modem>>AX 72 >>Patch Panel >>Office Deco>> Working fine

AX 72 >>Patch Panel >>Office Deco>> Gym Deco>>Flashing Red

AX 72 >>Patch Panel >>Office Deco>>MBR Deco>>Flashing Red

I have turned off the main Deco as it says to, but that doesn't do anyting for the other two Decos. I aslo unpluggged the other two units but to no avail.

Why does the app say everything looks good?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Problems with Deco XE75
2024-03-20 07:13:54

@ADCM 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are the two satellite Deco XE75 units wirelessly connected to the main Deco XE75?

I think there is a delay in the network status of the Deco APP.

Have you tried to hold the reset pinhole on one Deco, GYM Deco for example?

Then wait until it turns to flash blue, will you be able to add it back to the Deco APP?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-20 07:33:16

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply. I don't think they are connected wirelessly as they are on another floor a away from the main unit. Don't they use ethernet to connect them to each other? As the are all on the same network. 

I will try your suggestion when I get home in a bit.

Thanks again.

Options
2024-03-20 14:23:10

@David-TP Really odd device, this is. I moved the Main one (Called office) to the gym and moved the gym Deco downstairs in hopes they they all coould all "see" each other eventhough all being connected to the same LAN via ethernet. In doing so its says I need to move to a Deco that is already set up closer. So I do that and once green I unplug and install it downstairs. Now it says the (Gym) is constantly going "offline" even though it is now closer to the main - just below it one floor. So I would guess the distance between the two floors is no more than 25 feet or 8m. Is that too far away for connectivity? The Gym Deco has been showing a green light the entire time its "offline" for the past 30 minutes.

In the meantime the unit furthest away from everything seesms to have all the devices "connected/assocated" to it showing all are connected "wired", but nothing in this list is conected via a wire except the XBOX. Even a device called "Fortis" i've never heard of and some other devices that don't even have wired connectively are showing wired.., WFT? BTW, MBR and the main are in rooms right next to each other 10-12 feet apear and the Signal showing is Medium....My place is not that large.

I am standing with my iphone right next to the main Deco and cannot hit the internet for some resaon. Meanhile the laptop I am typing this on is work fine, both are connected to the same Wifi SSID of the Deco, but I don't see my phone in the list of devices of any of the Decos? Plus I am standing right next to the main deco with my phone and it will states something is wrong with the cloud service cannot find any network.

I've never seem so many inconsistancies in fuction before.

I went ahead and factor reset the Gym Deco. its request I put is next to another deco that is setup. Why is that, if it's not configuring it for me? I have it up now so we'll see how it goes.

Options
2024-03-20 14:29:08

My laptop is 5 feet from the decco and the internet goes really slow sometimes.

The link speed looks wrong...

Options
2024-03-21 08:01:34 - last edited 2024-03-22 02:08:45

@ADCM 

Hi, Thank you very much for your update.

I saw a similar feedback today:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/660420

Actually, I was wondering if your network layout looked like the following map:

*The black line means Ethernet cable.

As for the "Connection type" on the Deco APP(all are connected "wired"), there is surely something wrong with the Deco APP.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

The user in post 660420 could temporarily stabilize the connection via a short cable. It might not be realistic for your case considering there are multiple floors.

But could you please temporarily disconnect the Ethernet cables from the GYM and MBR Decos to see whether the Deco stability and APP performance could be improved a little bit?

In the meantime, Please also try to disable "EasyMesh" on the Archer AX72 pro.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 5

Related Articles